This Real Estate Agent job description template is optimized for posting on job boards or careers pages. This realtor job description is easy to customize for your company and specific realtor needs. If needed, you can customize this template as a real estate broker job description.
Real Estate Agent responsibilities include:
Providing guidance and assisting sellers and buyers in marketing and purchasing property for the right price under the best terms
Determining clients’ needs and financials abilities to propose solutions that suit them
Performing comparative market analysis to estimate properties’ value
We are looking for a professional Real Estate Agent to be an intermediary between sellers and buyers. Real Estate Agent responsibilities include marketing listings and providing guidance to buyers and sellers. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to grow their career in real estate.
Provide guidance and assist sellers and buyers in marketing and purchasing property for the right price under the best terms
Determine clients’ needs and financials abilities to propose solutions that suit them
Intermediate negotiation processes, consult clients on market conditions, prices, mortgages, legal requirements and related matters, ensuring a fair and honest dealing
Perform comparative market analysis to estimate properties’ value
Display and market real property to possible buyers
Prepare necessary paperwork (contracts, leases, deeds, closing statements etc)
Manage property auctions or exchanges
Maintain and update listings of available properties
Cooperate with appraisers, escrow companies, lenders and home inspectors
Develop networks and cooperate with attorneys, mortgage lenders and contractors
Promote sales through advertisements, open houses and listing services
Remain knowledgeable about real estate markets and best practices
Requirements and skills
- Proven working experience as a Real Estate Agent or Real Estate Salesperson
- Proven track of successful sales record
- Ability to work independently combined with excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong sales, negotiation and communication skills
- Pleasant and trustworthy
- MS Office familiarity
- Real estate agent’s or broker’s licence
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Real Estate Agent do?
- Real Estate Agents help buyers and sellers alike navigate through each stage of finding their perfect residential or commercial space. They do this by arranging viewings and making appointments with potential customers based on what best suits them.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Real Estate Agent?
- A Real Estate Agent helps their clients purchase, rent or sell properties. They advise the client about market conditions and conduct walkthroughs to make sure everything is in order before it's time for closing on their house!
- What makes a good Real Estate Agent?
- A great Real Estate Agent needs to have a hard-working mentality and dedication. They need to nail the basics: marketing, communication skills (both written and verbal) and negotiation are critical success factors.
- Who does a Real Estate Agent work with?
- Real Estate Agents often work alongside Listing Agents, Leasing Agents and homebuyers, cooperating in property sales.