This Real Estate Appraiser job description template is optimized for posting in online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
What is a Real Estate Appraiser?
A Real Estate Appraiser is a professional who conducts formal appraisals of real property or land. They evaluate properties, establish market values, and provide credible reports on appraisal data. They play a crucial role in determining property values for various purposes such as sales, mortgages, taxation, insurance, and development.
What does a Real Estate Appraiser do?
A Real Estate Appraiser conducts formal appraisals of real property or land before it is sold, mortgaged, taxed, insured, or developed. They evaluate properties, gather data from internal and external sources, make on-site visits, inspect properties, interview clients, and examine various factors that impact a property’s value. They prepare detailed reports, document procedures, and stay updated with industry regulations and best practices.
Real Estate Appraiser responsibilities include:
- Conducting formal appraisals of real property or land before it is sold, mortgaged, taxed, insured, or developed
- Evaluating properties to establish market values and property ratings using internal and external sources
- Making on site visits, inspecting property and interviewing clients
We are seeking a highly diligent and detail-oriented Real Estate Appraiser to provide credible and reliable appraisal results for our clients and other stakeholders.
In this role, you will be responsible for collecting, analyzing, interpreting, and documenting appraisal data. Your expertise will ensure accurate valuation of properties, enabling clients to make informed decisions.
You will play a crucial role in assessing market values, evaluating property conditions, and preparing comprehensive reports. Your meticulous approach, strong analytical skills, and ability to interpret data will contribute to the credibility and viability of the appraisal process.
As a Real Estate Appraiser, you will have a direct impact on shaping the decisions and outcomes of our clients and the real estate industry as a whole.
- Conduct formal appraisals of real property or land before it is sold, mortgaged, taxed, insured, or developed
- Evaluate properties to establish market values and property ratings using internal and external sources
- Make on site visits, inspect property and interview clients
- Examine all variables that impact property’s present or future value (comparable home sales, previous sales records, future developments etc)
- Prepare reports that fully explain assessment results and outline methods used
- Document procedure and backup data
- Keep abreast with all current regulations, standards and best practices
Requirements and skills
- Proven working experience as a Real Estate Appraiser
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office and ARGUS, CoStar, LoopNet or other relevant software
- Familiarity with all current industry’s regulations, rules and standards
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Licensed or certified appraiser
- BS degree in relevant field
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Real Estate Appraiser do?
- A Real Estate Appraiser conducts formal appraisals of real property or land to determine their value for sales, mortgages, taxation, insurance, or development purposes.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Real Estate Appraiser?
- The duties of a Real Estate Appraiser include evaluating properties, establishing market values, conducting on-site visits, inspecting properties, interviewing clients, preparing detailed reports, and staying updated with industry regulations and best practices.
- What makes a good Real Estate Appraiser?
- A good Real Estate Appraiser possesses strong analytical and research skills, excellent writing and communication skills, advanced knowledge of relevant software, familiarity with industry regulations and standards, and holds a license or certification in real estate appraisal.
- Who does a Real Estate Appraiser work with?
- A Real Estate Appraiser works with property owners, real estate agents, mortgage lenders, insurance companies, tax authorities, and other professionals involved in real estate transactions.
- What skills should a Real Estate Appraiser have?
- A Real Estate Appraiser should have strong analytical and research skills, excellent writing and communication skills, proficiency in relevant software, knowledge of industry regulations and standards, attention to detail, and a degree or qualification in a relevant field.