Finance Clerk job description
This Finance Clerk job description template is optimized for posting to online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
Finance Clerk responsibilities include:
- Verifying financial data and maintain accurate records
- Supporting monetary transactions
- Resolving accounting issues
We are looking for a Finance Clerk to take on various administrative tasks. Your main responsibilities will include keeping financial records, preparing bills and delivering high-quality customer service.
We’re looking for an individual with a keen eye for detail, strong math skills and the ability to multi-task efficiently. You should also be trustworthy and an excellent communicator.
Your goal will be to ensure our accounting procedures run smoothly.
- Process bills, checks, receipts and other documents
- Ensure all documents are properly signed and distributed
- Verify financial and other data (e.g. tax identification numbers)
- Monitor financial transactions
- Enter data and maintain updated records
- Assist with account reconciliations
- Communicate with vendors, customers and colleagues
- Report the status of accounts and discrepancies
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as a Finance Clerk
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping and financial transactions
- Familiarity with financial regulations, i.e. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Knowledge of MS Office and databases
- Attention to detail
- Organizational and multitasking abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Reliability and strong work ethics
- Ability to solve problems
- High school diploma or equivalent
Hiring Finance Clerk job description
Post this Finance Clerk job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.