Creative Director job description
A Creative Director is an advertising professional who is in charge of a company's advertising and marketing efforts. They plan out advertisements, monitor campaigns that use their company’s assets for promotion purposes and revise presentations as needed along with shaping brand standards.
This Creative Director job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
Creative Director responsibilities include:
- Conceiving and implementing concepts, guidelines and strategies in various creative projects and overseeing them to completion
- Collaborating with account executives to obtain knowledge of the clients’ requirements
- Directing and motivating teams of art directors, illustrators, copywriters etc. to help them use their talents effectively
We are looking for an experienced Creative Director to provide our creative team with guidance and ideas to launch new impressive projects. You will devise the concepts and strategies for a particular venture and will monitor its progress. You will be able to implement your creative vision and become the point of reference for any creative plan that wants to make its way to the customers.
The goal is to achieve the best possible outcome of our projects both visually and essentially to meet customer expectations and drive our sustainable growth.
- Conceive and implement concepts, guidelines and strategies in various creative projects and oversee them to completion
- Collaborate with account executives to obtain knowledge of the clients’ requirements
- Direct and motivate teams of art directors, illustrators, copywriters etc. to help them use their talents effectively
- Lead brainstorming/creative sessions to generate ideas
- Write and design unique and well-crafted copy that meet clients’ needs as well as our own
- Revise content and presentations, approve/reject ideas, provide feedback to the team
- Train and guide subordinates into accomplished professionals
- Monitor results of team efforts and propose actions for the future
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as a creative director or in a similar creative role
- Hand-on experience in creative process, marketing, graphic design and brand development
- Excellent working knowledge of software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign etc.
- Outstanding leadership and organization skills
- Exemplary interpersonal and analytical abilities
- BSc/BA in advertising, fine art, design or relevant field; MSc/MA will be considered an asset
Frequently asked questions
What does a Creative Director do?
Creative Directors are the creative leads at advertising agencies or in-house for a company's marketing department. They work with strategists to create, plan and deliver an integrated strategic vision that includes everything from logos all the way down to media outreach campaigns.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Creative Director?
The Creative Director is in charge of the overall design and execution for advertisements and the creative aspect of marketing initiatives. They are responsible for creating a cohesive image that embodies their company's brand identity, which can range from logos to website layouts and traditional marketing materials.
What makes a good Creative Director?
A good Creative Director knows that the work environment is key and tries their best to create a culture of movement, creativity and a fulfilling atmosphere for employees. They also need great organizational skills to keep projects running smoothly, and they need to have a strong understanding of design principles and branding.
Who does Creative Director work with?
Creative directors are the catalysts of creativity at an advertising agency. They drive strategic vision-building and planning with their team, which often includes other key stakeholders to help create ads for clients' businesses or brands. They work directly with stakeholders to determine marketing strategies, and they work with Project Managers to ensure project timelines are met.
Hiring Creative Director job description
Post this Creative Director job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.