Senior Designer job description
A Senior Graphic Designer is a professional who designs creative and engaging art for many forms of media. They may design anything from a company logo to clothing or any form of advertising.
Senior Designer responsibilities include:
- Overseeing all design projects, from conception to delivery
- Designing original pieces, including illustrations and infographics
- Reviewing junior designers’ work to ensure high quality
We are looking for a Senior Designer to produce and oversee digital and print creative solutions to address our marketing needs.
To be successful in this role, you should have in-depth knowledge of graphic design, styles and layout techniques. You should also have experience executing marketing projects from conception to production, including websites, brochures and product packaging.
Ultimately, you will ensure the design team promotes our brand through delivering high quality pieces on tight deadlines.
- Oversee all design projects, from conception to delivery
- Design original pieces, including illustrations and infographics
- Review junior designers’ work to ensure high quality
- Refine images, fonts and layouts using graphic design software
- Apply typography techniques
- Generate ideas to portray concepts and advertise products/services
- Increase user friendliness in digital products
- Maintain brand consistency throughout all our marketing projects
- Liaise with marketing and design teams to ensure deadlines are met
- Stay up-to-date with industry developments and tools
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Senior Designer, Graphic Designer or similar role
- Portfolio of completed design projects
- Hands-on experience with image editing software, like Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Proficient in design software (e.g. InDesign and Balsamiq)
- Strong aesthetic skills with the ability to combine various colors, fonts and layouts
- Attention to visual details
- Ability to meet deadlines and collaborate with a team
- BSc degree in Design, Visual Arts or relevant field
Frequently asked questions
What does a Senior Graphic Designer do?
A Senior Graphic Designer is responsible for bringing design solutions to life that adhere to marketing strategies and business goals. They must be comfortable making decisions, managing junior designers, have an eye for detail as well as be able see what's happening at all levels of production from start to finish.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Senior Graphic Designer?
A Senior Graphic Designer will create engaging and creative graphics to visually represent the company's brand. They are responsible for all aspects of graphic design, from planning out illustrations or infographics to managing marketing materials such as social media posts and emails. They will review drafts of junior designers to ensure consistency.
What makes a good Senior Graphic Designer?
Graphic designers need to be able to work well on their own and also possess good teamwork skills. Flexibility is needed due to the possibility of shifting priorities. They must have clear and concise communication ability, great time management skills, and a constant flow of creative ideas to tell a story through visuals rather than text alone.
Who does a Senior Graphic Designer work with?
A Senior Graphic Designer works with Junior Designers, as well as the Director of Marketing or a Design Director. They may also work closely with Fashion Designers and Merchandisers, depending on the industry.
Hiring Senior Designer job description
Post this Senior Designer job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.