This Clinical Director job description template is optimized for posting to online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
Clinical Director Responsibilities
- Devising strategies and plans for the clinical department according to company standards for excellent service and growth
- Assuming responsibility of budgeting and resourcing
- Planning and overseeing all patient care or administrative operations and programs
We are looking for a competent Clinical Director to organize and oversee people and programs of our clinical department. You will be responsible for supervising and directing everything from employees and budgets to technology and operations.
As clinical director you must possess excellent management and mentoring skills. You must be an outstanding communicator able to resolve conflicts and issues. If you also have a deep respect for policies and ethics and can inspire that in others, you are ideal for the role.
The goal is to ensure the smooth running of the clinical department aiming to maximum performance.
- Devise strategies and plans for the clinical department according to company standards for excellent service and growth
- Assume responsibility of budgeting and resourcing
- Plan and oversee all patient care or administrative operations and programs
- Recruit employees to ensure department is staffed with qualified personnel
- Assign cases and create schedules for all employees
- Coordinate and supervise staff providing constructive feedback
- Provide personnel with clinical training and opportunities for continuous development
- Evaluate performance and discipline employees when necessary
- Monitor compliance to legal guidelines, internal policies and quality standards
- Proven experience as clinical director or other managerial position
- Experience in clinical supervision and program management
- Solid understanding of budgeting, resourcing and performance evaluation procedures
- Excellent knowledge of standards (e.g. ISO) and regulations for the clinical field
- Proficient in MS Office and computer systems (e.g. patient management software)
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Exceptional organizational and leadership skills
- Aptitude in resolving issues and conflicts
- BSc/BA in clinical administration, medical science, psychology or relevant field; MSc/MA will be appreciated