Clinical Director job description
A Clinical Director oversees clinical operations, staff management, and regulatory compliance in healthcare organizations. They ensure high-quality patient care, develop policies, and maintain accurate records. Their leadership drives improvement and supports the organization's success.
Clinical Director responsibilities include:
- Devising strategies and plans for the clinical department according to company standards for excellent service and growth
- Assuming responsibility of budgeting and resourcing
- Planning and overseeing all patient care or administrative operations and programs
We are looking for a competent Clinical Director to organize and oversee people and programs of our clinical department. You will be responsible for supervising and directing everything from employees and budgets to technology and operations.
As clinical director you must possess excellent management and mentoring skills. You must be an outstanding communicator able to resolve conflicts and issues. If you also have a deep respect for policies and ethics and can inspire that in others, you are ideal for the role.
The goal is to ensure the smooth running of the clinical department aiming to maximum performance.
- Devise strategies and plans for the clinical department according to company standards for excellent service and growth
- Assume responsibility of budgeting and resourcing
- Plan and oversee all patient care or administrative operations and programs
- Recruit employees to ensure department is staffed with qualified personnel
- Assign cases and create schedules for all employees
- Coordinate and supervise staff providing constructive feedback
- Provide personnel with clinical training and opportunities for continuous development
- Evaluate performance and discipline employees when necessary
- Monitor compliance to legal guidelines, internal policies and quality standards
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as clinical director or other managerial position
- Experience in clinical supervision and program management
- Solid understanding of budgeting, resourcing and performance evaluation procedures
- Excellent knowledge of standards (e.g. ISO) and regulations for the clinical field
- Proficient in MS Office and computer systems (e.g. patient management software)
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Exceptional organizational and leadership skills
- Aptitude in resolving issues and conflicts
- BSc/BA in clinical administration, medical science, psychology or relevant field; MSc/MA will be appreciated
Frequently asked questions
What does a Clinical Director do?
Clinical Directors are in charge of making sure that the hospital or clinic is operating at its best efficiency. They work closely with upper management and staff members to coordinate operations, so patients can have easy access to quality care.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Clinical Director?
A Clinical Director’s daily tasks may vary depending on the type of healthcare facility. However, they mainly manage and organize everything in a clinical department. Their responsibilities range from staffing departments with qualified employees and ensuring all records are in accordance with state and federal laws to planning and managing the clinic’s budget and acting as a liaison between patients, families, and staff.
What makes a good Clinical Director?
A good Clinical Director is someone who has the ability to lead people while still caring deeply for their patients. This person makes sure that there's money in the budget so equipment repairs or replacements can be handled quickly when necessary, and they understand what it takes from both an administrative standpoint while physically handling all aspects of running a facility like a nursing home. A good Clinical Director combines leadership skills with compassion toward others - ensuring quality treatment.
Who does a Clinical Director work with?
Throughout the day a Clinical Director works with doctors, nurses, and front desk personnel. They can also interact with patients and their families as needed. A Clinical Director can report to the Chief Clinical Executive or Chief Medical Executive on a corporate level or in a hospital; they can report to the Hospital Administration Manager.
Hiring Clinical Director job description
Post this Clinical Director job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.