This Casting Director job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
Casting Director Responsibilities
- Studying script to understand all speaking roles
- Collaborating with directors and producers to determine a role’s requirements
- Preparing casting budget with the help of accountants
We are looking for a Casting Director to organize castings and select actors for film or stage. Your job will determine the final success of the production as the right person should be in the right role.
We expect candidates to be very knowledgeable of acting principles and the unique requirements of film and theater. An instinct to discern talent and determine the best fit for each role, no matter how small, is the most important success factor in this job.
The goal is to ensure productions will have the most appropriate team of actors for every role.
- Study script to understand all speaking roles
- Collaborate with directors and producers to determine a role’s requirements (physical characteristics, experience etc.)
- Prepare casting budget with the help of accountants
- Contact agents directly to source ideal actors
- Review resumes and call suitable actors
- Organize auditions and readings
- Interview actors and determine their suitability for the part
- Determine actor’s fees
- Negotiate contracts to achieve mutual satisfaction
- Supervise other staff (e.g. casting assistants)
- Proven experience as casting director
- Current knowledge of available acting talent
- Ability to maintain knowledge of industry trends
- Instinct to recognize talent
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal ability
- Great negotiation skills
- A team player
- High school diploma; further education in film, arts or relevant field is a plus