This Production Assistant job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
Production Assistant Responsibilities
- Helping prepare the set with lights, props, equipment etc.
- Assisting costume designers, directors, camerapeople and other crew members
- Printing and distributing daily paperwork (e.g. scripts, call sheets)
We are looking for a competent Production Assistant to support all aspects of film or TV production. The crew will count on you for various crucial tasks, from organizing sets to distributing scripts to crowd control.
If you want to prove yourself and work your way up the ranks in filmmaking, this is the place to start. High energy and commitment are essential. If you are a restless individual who can multi-task, solve problems and do things proactively, you’ll quickly become invaluable.
The goal is to ensure production gets on smoothly and problem-free.
- Help prepare the set with lights, props, equipment etc.
- Assist costume designers, directors, camerapeople and other crew members
- Print and distribute daily paperwork (e.g. scripts, call sheets)
- Escort actors around the filming area and coordinate extras
- Conduct crowd control by putting up signs, directing pedestrians away from filming, lock down sets etc.
- Act as a runner distributing messages or items within film crew and cast
- Perform administrative work (answering phones, paperwork etc.)
- Undertake errands as assigned
- Proven experience as production assistant or a passion for the industry
- Knowledge of terminology will be appreciated
- Computer savvy
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking ability
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving
- A team player with great communication skills
- Physical strength and stamina
- A valid driver’s license
- High school diploma; Relevant training (e.g. production courses) will be an advantage