Camera Operator job description
This Camera Operator job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
Camera Operator responsibilities include:
- Working with directors to determine all aspects of shots
- Providing practical and creative input to scene planning
- Selecting, assembling and positioning equipment (cameras, stands, software etc.)
We are looking for a competent Camera Operator to capture high quality and attractive images for film or TV broadcasting. You’ll be an integral part of our mission to spread information and striking visuals to the world.
A camera operator has a steady hand and quick reflexes. We want you to be comfortable around expensive and delicate equipment as well as able to concentrate and attend to detail. If you’re passionate about the job and can think of ways to add creativity to your work, we’d like to meet you.
- Work with directors to determine all aspects of shots
- Provide practical and creative input to scene planning
- Select, assemble and position equipment (cameras, stands, software etc.)
- Prepare cameras and test angles or camera movements
- Shoot scenes according to requirements
- Capture quality footage from a fixed or moving position
- Collaborate with make up artists, lighting and sound staff to produce the best final effect
- Resolve technical or practical issues
- Edit footage as needed
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as camera operator
- Experience operating relevant equipment (cameras, cranes etc.)
- Excellent theoretical knowledge of filming and capturing footage
- Ability to understand and follow camera scripts
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to think and act quickly
- A team player
- Attention to detail
- Physical strength to carry heavy equipment and stamina
- Excellent color vision and hearing
- High school diploma; degree in film, media or relevant field is a plus
Hiring Camera Operator job description
Post this Camera Operator job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.