This Sound Engineer job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
Sound Engineer Responsibilities
- Following instructions and details from directors, producers etc
- Setting up and testing sound equipment before events, broadcasts or recordings
- Recording, editing and mixing audio tracks (instruments, vocals etc.)
We are looking for a competent Sound Engineer to record, mix and edit music and audio for our productions. You will set up and operate sound equipment in live events, recordings or post-productions to ensure the best acoustic result.
Sound engineers are deft around sensitive audio equipment and experts in using them to produce quality sound. We expect you to be knowledgeable about different audio recording and editing techniques. If you also possess a creative mind and a good ear we’d like to hear from you.
- Follow instructions and details from directors, producers etc
- Set up and test sound equipment before events, broadcasts or recordings
- Record, edit and mix audio tracks (instruments, vocals etc.)
- Enhance sound quality and add sound effects to recordings
- Work with video editors to synchronize video with audio tracks
- Play backing tracks and special effects during live events
- Collaborate with lighting, camera and other people
- Create and maintain sound libraries
- Resolve technical issues when they arise
- Proven experience as sound engineer
- Technical expertise in sound engineering techniques (e.g. equalization)
- Experience with sound editing and recording equipment (e.g. mixing consoles)
- Working knowledge of recording software and hardware (e.g. Pro Tools)
- A team player with excellent communication skills
- Creativity and attention to detail
- Problem-solving abilities
- Excellent hearing and manual dexterity
- High school diploma; Degree in audio/sound engineering or related field is a plus
- Source and recruit Sound Engineers with Workable’s Boolean search cheat sheets.