We are looking for a Typist to perform typing and word processing tasks for our company.
A successful Typist is responsible for typing company documents and material, including reports, correspondence and policies. If you can type fast and accurately and can check documents for grammar, spelling and punctuation errors under tight deadlines, we’d like to meet you. For this role, it’s essential to handle sensitive information with confidentiality.
Ultimately, you should be able to ensure our company documents are accurate, updated and accessible to all employees.
- Transfer data from paper formats into digital files or database systems
- Transcribe documents from dictated tapes
- Take notes at meetings with managers and others to create detailed texts
- Edit completed work for grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Gather and organize typing material
- Create spreadsheets and presentations, combining various data from existing files
- Maintain physical and digital filing systems
- Scan and print files, as needed
- Keep information confidential in accordance with security policies
- Proven work experience as a Typist, Data Entry Clerk, or Data Entry operator
- Fast typing skills; using a touch typing system is a plus
- Experience using data recorders and optical scanners
- Excellent knowledge of word processing tools and spreadsheets
- Familiarity with office equipment
- Strong English language skills
- Attention to detail with an ability to spot grammar, spelling and punctuation errors
- High school diploma; additional computer training or certification is a plus