This is a Team Leader job description template to help you attract the most qualified candidates for this position. It is also easy to customize to meet your specific requirements.
Team Leader responsibilities include:
- Creating an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture
- Setting clear team goals
- Delegating tasks and set deadlines for your internal team
Hiring a Team leader? Sign up for Workable's 15-day free trial to post this job and hire better, faster.
We are looking for a qualified team leader to manage our team and provide effective guidance. You will be responsible for supervising, managing and motivating team members on a daily basis.
As a team leader, you will be the contact point for all team members, so your communication skills should be excellent. You should also be able to act proactively to ensure smooth team operations and effective collaboration.
Ultimately, you should lead by setting a good example and engage the team to achieve goals.
- Create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture
- Set clear team goals
- Delegate tasks and set deadlines
- Oversee day-to-day operation
- Monitor team performance and report on metrics
- Motivate team members
- Discover training needs and provide coaching
- Listen to team members’ feedback and resolve any issues or conflicts
- Recognize high performance and reward accomplishments
- Encourage creativity and risk-taking
- Suggest and organize team building activities
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a team leader or supervisor
- In-depth knowledge of performance metrics
- Good PC skills, especially MS Excel
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Decision-making skills
- Degree in Management or training in team leading is a plus
Frequently asked questions
What does a Team Leader do?
A Team Leader oversees a group of employees and motivates them to do their job efficiently. They provide daily objectives, develop reward systems for productivity that motivate new hires and seasoned workers alike and communicate any issues with upper management to reach business goals effectively.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Team Leader?
A Team Leader is responsible for implementing strategies that team members use to achieve a goal, delegating tasks based on each member’s strengths and skills and offering the training necessary to complete certain tasks. They are also responsible for inspiring and motivating team members with regular encouragement, keeping the enthusiasm going by providing individualized coaching when needed.
What makes a good Team Leader?
Good Team Leaders have qualities to make the team thrive, such as compassion, honesty and integrity. They learn these skills through formal training and experience- both gained from their pasts.
Who does a Team Leader work with?
A Team Leader typically works with a group of team members to achieve goals or complete tasks. As they monitor the progress and achievements of the team, they may report results to a leader such as a Director of Operations.