Social Media Manager job description
A Social Media Manager is a professional who provides the voice for a company across social channels. They are responsible for responding to comments and creating content. Social Media Managers look for opportunities to increase brand exposure for their assigned company.
This Social Media Manager job description template is designed to help you attract the most qualified candidates for your company. It’s easy to customize to meet your specific job requirements and is optimized for posting on careers pages. Similar job titles include Social Media Marketing Manager, Social Media Director and Digital Media Manager.
Social Media Manager responsibilities include:
- Performing research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences
- Designing and implementing social media strategy to align with business goals
- Setting specific objectives and reporting on ROI
We are looking for a talented Social media manager to administer our social media accounts. You will be responsible for creating original text and video content, managing posts and responding to followers. You will manage our company image in a cohesive way to achieve our marketing goals.
As a Social media manager, we expect you to be up-to-date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends. You should have excellent communication skills and be able to express our company’s views creatively.
Ultimately, you should be able to handle our social media presence ensuring high levels of web traffic and customer engagement.
- Perform research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences
- Design and implement social media strategy to align with business goals
- Set specific objectives and report on ROI
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos and news)
- Monitor SEO and web traffic metrics
- Collaborate with other teams, like marketing, sales and customer service to ensure brand consistency
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor customer reviews
- Oversee social media accounts’ design (e.g. Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures and blog layout)
- Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions and competitions
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications
Requirements and skills
Good to have Social Media Manager skills:
- Proven work experience as a Social media manager
- Hands on experience in content management
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video)
- Solid knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics
- Knowledge of online marketing channels
- Familiarity with web design
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical and multitasking skills
- BSc degree in Marketing or relevant field
Download this social media manager job description sample as a pdf.
Frequently asked questions
What does a Social Media Manager do?
A Social Media Manager is in charge of the company’s interactions with the public through social media platforms using a unified voice. They devise and implement content strategies and collect engagement data. Social Media Managers also identify trends among customer interactions to help plan digital campaigns that build brand loyalty.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Social Media Manager?
A Social Media Manager is responsible for overseeing a company’s interactions with the public by implementing social media platforms’ content strategies. Their duties include analyzing engagement data, identifying trends in customer interactions and planning digital campaigns to build community online.
What makes a good Social Media Manager?
Successful Social Media Managers know how to engage people, leverage monitoring tools for insights and align their work with a brand's goals. They also have an eye for social media trends and know how to engage the company’s followers.
Who does a Social Media Manager work with?
Social Media Managers work to engage customers online. They work with the Social Media Strategist to ensure all social media efforts support digital marketing goals and the company’s unique messaging.
Hiring Social Media Manager job description
Post this Social Media Manager job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.