Social Media Manager Interview Questions
Social Media Managers are responsible for a company’s online presence in multiple social platforms. They create original content, reply to followers’ comments and measure web traffic.
Qualified candidates for this role should have demonstrable experience with online marketing campaigns and in-depth knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics. Beyond crafting Facebook posts or tweets, your candidates should know how to measure success in all social media campaigns.
During your hiring process, opt for candidates who can turn their creativity into effective strategies to promote your brand. Keep an eye out for professionals who can manage day-to-day social media accounts and engage your target audience in the long-run.
Source and recruit social media managers with our Boolean search cheat sheets.
Operational and Situational questions
- If hired, what are the first metrics you would like to see to learn about our current social media strategy?
- How would you promote a company event on social media?
- If we wanted to attract a younger audience, which network would you prefer to use, and why?
- How would you track mentions of our company online?
- How would you respond to a troll account?
- What would be your reply to a client posting negative comments about the company online?
- Why would you choose/not choose to use Facebook paid ads?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of using Twitter to interact with clients?
- In which cases do you find Instagram more useful than Facebook or Twitter?
- Are you familiar with the latest social media features, like Facebook Live and Instagram Stories? How would you use them?
- How do you find out our Facebook followers’ demographics and why they are useful?
- What tools do you use to schedule posts?
- Do you have experience with Content Management Systems?
- How can you tell if an account is bot?
- How do you decide optimal times/days to post on social media?
- What metrics do you monitor on a daily basis? How do you present them to the Marketing department?
- Which social media network do you mostly use in your personal life and why?
- Describe an effective promotional campaign through social media. What was your role and what did you do to make this campaign successful?
- How do you stay on top of new trends and features?
- How have you managed to raise brand awareness using social media? Mention specific examples from your previous positions (e.g. competitions and ads.)