This Senior Auditor job description template is optimized for posting to online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
- Oversee and direct a compliant and accurate auditing process
- Supervise and coach junior and staff auditors
- Ensure efficiency of internal controls
We are looking for a Senior Auditor to direct our auditing process. We’ll rely on you to ensure that our financial operations and controls meet standards and are error-free.
Our Senior Auditor must be meticulous and analytical, with deep knowledge of auditing practices. We expect you to be reliable, with strong organizational skills, as well as expertise in risk management and compliance.
- Plan and oversee the auditing process
- Allocate responsibilities to junior and staff auditors
- Review team members’ work for accuracy and compliance
- Perform effective risk and control assessments
- Complete audits on time and submit reports to auditing manager
- Present audit findings and find ways to increase compliance and efficiency
- Coordinate periodical audits
- Proven experience as an auditor
- In-depth understanding of auditing and control practices
- Updated knowledge of applicable laws and regulations
- Proficient in MS Office (especially Excel) and accounting software
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Organizational and leadership abilities
- Integrity and reliability
- BSc/BA in Accounting or Finance; master’s degree and professional certification (e.g. CPA, CMA) are pluses