Sales Consultant responsibilities include:
- Learning the products and services offered, including the sales terms
- Setting targets for the sales department
- Collaborating with the marketing department to prepare common strategies
We are looking for a talented sales consultant to monitor and analyze our sales department performance and suggest new strategies.
Our ideal candidate should be able to use statistical analysis software and provide reports on sales and marketing metrics. You will collaborate with the sales team and the marketing department to achieve business goals.
Ultimately, you should be able to improve sales and increase profits.
- Learn the products and services offered, including the sales terms (e.g. special features, return and warranty policies)
- Set targets for the sales department
- Collaborate with the marketing department to prepare common strategies
- Monitor sales numbers and marketing metrics
- Calculate business trends, like monthly sales rates
- Analyze market trends
- Monitor competition and follow current developments
- Ensure sales team is up-to-date with business targets
- Motivate sales team to achieve great results
- Find prospective customers and new target segments
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a sales consultant
- In-depth knowledge of statistical analysis software like SPSS or SAS
- Familiarity with CRM programs
- Ability to gather and interpret data
- Organizational and analytical skills
- Communication skills
- BS degree in Marketing or related field
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Sales Consultant do?
- A Sales Consultant finds new customers for their company's products, meets with those clients both in-person or on the phone regularly, and may travel to specific regions in order to meet and serve more clientele.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Sales Consultant?
- Sales Consultants have many different day-to-day responsibilities, such as learning about the organization’s products and services, setting targets for their sales department team and ensuring they are met with success, and collaborating with their team members on better sales strategies.
- What makes a good Sales Consultant?
- A good Sales Consultant must have a positive, persuasive demeanor in order to answer customer questions and successfully make sales. They must also have strong analytical skills to review their sales goals and metrics and come up with new strategies.
- Who does a Sales Consultant work with?
- Typically, Sales Consultants work with other members of their department, such as a Sales Engineer, to plan strategic deals and sales opportunities.