We are looking for an experienced Safety Coordinator to help us minimize the risk of job-related accidents. You will monitor operations to eliminate hazardous activities. You will also develop policies to promote occupational health and safety (OSH) awareness.
Safety coordinators should be well-versed in all OSH dictations. Your work will be focused on prevention so you need to be diligent and analytical. You will possess a keen eye for detail and a sensitivity for potential dangers.
The goal is to support the creation of a healthy and safe workplace.
- Advise on provisions to minimize safety risks
- Develop and enforce OSH policies (e.g. accident reporting process)
- Direct accident investigation procedures
- Keep records of safety-related incidents and propose corrective actions
- Organize and conduct OSH training plans
- Collaborate with managers to monitor compliance and identify safety issues
- Intervene in unsafe activities or operations
- Liaise with and report to official regulatory bodies on OSH matters
- Proven experience as safety coordinator or similar
- In-depth knowledge of OSH guidelines and practices
- Experience in reporting and developing policies
- Experience in implementing OSH training programs
- Proficient in MS Office
- Excellent communication and advisory skills
- Diligent with an analytical mind
- BSc/Ba in business administration, law or relevant field