Use this Payroll Analyst job description template to advertise your job openings and attract qualified candidates for your organization.
Payroll Analyst responsibilities include:
- Overseeing payroll procedures
- Preparing reports and forecasts for senior management
- Ensuring compliance with all compensation and tax regulations
We are looking for a Payroll Analyst to oversee the way we compensate employees and ensure all payments are accurate and on time.
Payroll Analyst responsibilities include reviewing payroll data and documents for inefficiencies and errors, checking whether all amounts are accurate based on hours worked and ensuring payments are made on time. To be successful in this role, you should have excellent analytical skills with the ability to spot numerical errors.
Ultimately, you’ll help us maintain an efficient payroll process that complies with all federal and state regulations.
- Review timesheets and attendance records and correct inaccuracies
- Prepare and submit all necessary paperwork for tax deductions, benefits and garnishments
- Analyze compensation-related data including wages and bonuses
- Oversee payroll transactions (e.g. via e-banking)
- Conduct regular audits on payroll procedures and records
- Process benefit costs, like insurance fees and sick leaves
- Design, document and implement procedures to streamline payroll processes
- Manage payment calendars for the fiscal year
- Report to management on payroll issues and changes
- Answer employees’ questions about salaries and tax
- Stay up-to-date on state and federal payroll and tax laws
- Proven experience as a Payroll Analyst, Payroll Coordinator or similar role
- Deep knowledge of state and federal payroll and tax regulations
- Hands-on experience with payroll software (like Oracle and Kronos)
- Familiarity using Excel and spreadsheets
- Excellent analytical skills
- The ability to work under tight deadlines
- BSc in Human Resources Management, Accounting or relevant field