This Junior Designer job description template is optimized for posting to online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
What is a Junior Designer?
A Junior Designer is a creative professional who works under the guidance of a Senior Designer to create engaging designs and solutions for various projects. They bring ideas to life by producing drafts, prototypes, and final design solutions.
What does a Junior Designer do?
A Junior Designer participates in design projects from start to finish, utilizing their creativity and attention to detail. They use design software and techniques to create drafts and prototypes, collaborate with team members, and pitch creative ideas. They also incorporate feedback to continuously improve their designs and contribute to the successful launch of projects.
Junior Designer responsibilities include:
- Participating in various design projects from concept to completion
- Producing drafts, prototypes and engaging design solutions
- Listening to feedback to hone skills and improve design
We are seeking a Junior Designer to join our team and contribute to the creation of compelling designs that align with specific requirements.
As a Junior Designer, you will collaborate closely with a Senior Designer to produce work of the highest quality. In this role, your creativity and meticulous attention to detail will be crucial.
If you possess a genuine passion for design and have a strong desire to expand your knowledge and skills, we invite you to connect with us.
Your primary objective will be to develop impactful designs that effectively represent and promote our company’s vision.
We look forward to meeting talented individuals who can contribute to our team and help us achieve outstanding design outcomes that align with our company’s vision.
- Understand project requirements and concepts
- Use various techniques to create drafts, models and prototypes
- Produce final design solutions (like logos, banners, interfaces)
- Pitch creative ideas
- Collaborate with team members to launch projects
- Take on special design tasks (e.g. color correction)
- Use feedback from other designers to improve
Requirements and skills
- Up to three years of experience as a Junior Designer
- Experience with design software (e.g. InVision) and graphics editing tools (e.g. Photoshop, CorelDRAW)
- Familiarity with design techniques (e.g. prototyping)
- Understanding of visual elements (layout, type and fonts)
- Teamwork skills
- A keen eye for detail
- Time management and multitasking abilities
- Creativity skills and problem-solving aptitude
- BSc/BA in Design or a related field
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Junior Designer do?
- A Junior Designer participates in design projects, produces drafts and prototypes, and collaborates with a team to create engaging design solutions.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Junior Designer?
- The duties of a Junior Designer include understanding project requirements, creating drafts and final designs, pitching creative ideas, collaborating with team members, and incorporating feedback to improve designs.
- What makes a good Junior Designer?
- A good Junior Designer possesses creativity, attention to detail, problem-solving skills, teamwork abilities, and a keen eye for design. They are also eager to learn, open to feedback, and passionate about design.
- Who does a Junior Designer work with?
- A Junior Designer works closely with a Senior Designer, as well as other team members such as project managers, developers, and clients.
- What skills should a Junior Designer have?
- A Junior Designer should have experience with design software and graphics editing tools, familiarity with design techniques and visual elements, time management and multitasking abilities, creativity, and a degree or relevant education in design or a related field.