This Junior Designer job description template is optimized for posting to online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
Junior Designer Responsibilities
- Participating in various design projects from concept to completion
- Producing drafts, prototypes and engaging design solutions
- Listening to feedback to hone skills and improve design
We are looking for a Junior Designer to create engaging designs according to requirements. You will work under the supervision of a Senior Designer to produce quality work.
In this role, you should be highly creative and have a sharp eye for visual detail. If you are passionate about design and are eager to learn more through various projects, we’d like to meet you.
You goal will be to create impactful designs that capture and sell our company vision.
- Understand project requirements and concepts
- Use various techniques to create drafts, models and prototypes
- Produce final design solutions (e.g. logos, banners, interfaces)
- Pitch creative ideas that enhance projects
- Collaborate with team members to launch designs
- Take on special design tasks to support multiple projects (e.g. color correction)
- Use feedback from leaders to improve work
- Up to three years of experience as a Junior Designer
- Experience with design software (e.g. InVision) and graphics editing tools (e.g. Photoshop, CorelDRAW)
- Familiarity with design techniques (e.g. prototyping)
- Understanding of visual elements (layout, type and fonts)
- Excellent communication ability
- Teamwork skills
- A keen eye for detail
- Time management and multitasking abilities
- Creativity skills and problem-solving aptitude
- BSc/BA in Design or a related field
- Tutorial: How to hire designers