HR Onboarding Specialist job description
Use this HR Onboarding Specialist job description template to attract and hire qualified HR professionals.
HR Onboarding Specialist responsibilities include:
- Creating clear policies and employee handbooks that explain company operations
- Crafting and sending emails with information about the company and position, including work schedules, dress code and parking options
- Preparing onboarding kits (e.g. stationary, T-shirts and mugs)
We are looking for an experienced HR Onboarding Specialist to join our Human Resources team and help new employees adjust well to our work environment.
HR Onboarding Specialist responsibilities include communicating company and position details to new hires before their start date, gathering necessary paperwork and scheduling first days. If you have an HR background, basic knowledge of labor legislation and a flair for interacting with people, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will organize and facilitate our company’s onboarding procedures for new hires.
- Create clear policies and employee handbooks that explain company operations
- Craft and send emails with information about the company and position, including work schedules, dress code and parking options
- Prepare onboarding kits (e.g. stationary, T-shirts and mugs)
- Welcome new employees’ upon their arrival and give them an office tour
- Introduce team members
- Gather and process paperwork, like contracts and non-disclosure agreements
- Coordinate company presentations and product demos
- Inform employees on their first tasks (e.g. which programs to download and how to activate their accounts)
- Ensure new hires have technical assistance to properly set up their hardware and software
- Distribute manuals, passwords and guidelines, as needed
- Address new hires’ queries regarding their contracts and payroll
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as an HR Onboarding Specialist or in relevant HR role
- Hands-on experience with Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS)
- Basic knowledge of labor legislation
- Solid communication skills (verbal and written)
- Team spirit
- An ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- BSc degree in Human Resources Management or similar field
Hiring HR Onboarding Specialist job description
Post this HR Onboarding Specialist job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.