This is an HR Onboarding Manager job description template you can use when hiring HR professionals. Feel free to customize this template with your company’s specific job duties.
HR Onboarding Manager responsibilities include:
- Organizing orientation programs (first day, first week, first month and first quarter)
- Acting as a consultant to new employees
- Creating and updating our employee handbook
We are looking for an HR Onboarding Manager to oversee the procedures our company follows before and after hiring new employees.
HR Onboarding Manager responsibilities include scheduling new hires’ training, creating company policies and processing employment documents. To be successful in this role, you should be able to help new employees adjust to their work environment while making sure our hiring procedures comply with labor laws.
Ultimately, you will ensure our hires get a warm welcome and experience smooth onboarding to their new roles.
- Organize orientation programs (first day, first week, first month and first quarter)
- Act as a consultant to new employees
- Create and update our employee handbook
- Monitor new hire turnover and retention rates
- Schedule and oversee training sessions
- Introduce new hires to current employees
- Add new employees’ information to company’s payroll system
- Communicate with new hires before their start date to provide necessary information (e.g. work schedules and contract details)
- Process employment paperwork
- Coordinate relocation procedures for expats
- Liaise with internal teams to create corporate accounts for new employees
- Gather candidate experience feedback from new hires
- Assist existing employees when they move to a new department or position
- Proven work experience as an HR Onboarding Manager or in relevant HR role
- Experience with HRIS and ATS
- Good knowledge of labor legislation
- Familiarity with employment paperwork, including terms of agreement, fixed-term contracts and confidentiality act
- Understanding of payroll procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Confidentiality and work ethics
- BSc in Human Resources Management or similar field