Post this Head of Finance job description template to online job boards and careers pages to attract qualified candidates. Feel free to add or modify requirements and duties based on your needs.
Head of Finance responsibilities include:
- Forecasting monthly, quarterly and annual results
- Approving or rejecting budgets
- Conducting risk management
We are looking for a Head of Finance to supervise all financial tasks of our company and ensure we use capital and resources beneficially.
Head of Finance responsibilities include creating forecasting models, assessing risk in investments and ensuring all accounting activities comply with regulations. To be successful in this role, you should have experience crafting financial strategies and managing accounting teams.
Ultimately, you will maintain our company’s financial health and increase profitability in the long run.
- Forecast monthly, quarterly and annual results
- Approve or reject budgets
- Conduct risk management
- Evaluate and decide on investments
- Supervise a team of Accountants
- Allocate resources and manage cash flows
- Conduct profit and cost analyses
- Develop secure procedures to maintain confidential information
- Ensure all accounting activities and internal audits comply with financial regulations
- Consult board members about funding options
- Recommend cost-reducing solutions
- Proven work experience as a Head of Finance, Director of Finance or similar role
- In-depth understanding of cash flow management, bank reconciliation and bookkeeping
- Hands-on experience with budgeting and risk management
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting models
- Proficiency in accounting software
- Solid analytical and decision-making skills
- Leadership abilities
- BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- MSc/MBA or relevant certification (e.g. CFA/CPA) is a plus