Financial Manager job description
A Financial Manager is a key professional responsible for ensuring the financial health of an organization. They conduct accurate data analysis and offer advice to senior management on strategies to maximize profits, securing long-term success for the company.
This Financial Manager job description template is optimized for posting in online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
Financial Manager responsibilities include:
- Providing financial reports and interpreting financial information to managerial staff while recommending further courses of action.
- Advising on investment activities and provide strategies that the company should take
- Maintaining the financial health of the organization.
Hiring a financial manager? Sign up for Workable’s 15-day free trial to post this job and hire better, faster.
We are looking for a reliable Financial Manager that will analyze everyday financial activities and subsequently provide advice and guidance to upper management on future financial plans.
The goal is to enable the company’s leaders to make sound business decisions and meet the company’s objectives.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to utilize your expertise in financial analysis and strategic planning. By analyzing day-to-day financial activities with precision, you will provide valuable insights and recommendations to upper management.
Your guidance will empower the company’s leaders to make informed decisions that align with the organization’s long-term goals.
Additionally, you will play a crucial role in developing and implementing financial plans that support the company’s growth and profitability.
Monitoring financial performance, identifying areas for improvement, and capitalizing on opportunities will be integral parts of your responsibilities.
- Provide financial reports and interpret financial information to managerial staff while recommending further courses of action.
- Advise on investment activities and provide strategies that the company should take
- Maintain the financial health of the organization.
- Analyze costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results and the company’s actual performance compared to the business plans.
- Develop trends and projections for the firm’s finances.
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
- Oversee operations of the finance department, set goals and objectives, and design a framework for these to be met.
- Manage the preparation of the company’s budget.
- Liase with auditors to ensure appropriate monitoring of company finances is maintained.
- Correspond with various other departments, discussing company plans and agreeing on future paths to be taken.
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as a Financial Manager
- Experience in the financial sector with previous possible roles such as financial analyst
- Extensive understanding of financial trends both within the company and general market patterns
- Proficient user of finance software
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Able to manage, guide and lead employees to ensure appropriate financial processes are being used
- A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles
- Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations
- BS/MA degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- Professional qualification such as CFA/CPA or similar will be considered a plus
Frequently asked questions
What does a Financial Manager do?
A Financial Manager is a key decision-maker in an organization. They use data analysis and advise senior managers on profit-maximizing ideas, which can help optimize company profits over time by making intelligent decisions for investments or spending funds to have the greatest return on investment.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Financial Manager?
The duties and responsibilities of a Financial Manager vary based on the organization. Still, they typically oversee operations in the finance department to set goals and objectives throughout the year to ensure company goals are met.
What makes a good Financial Manager?
A successful Financial Manager needs to have excellent communication skills since they work closely with managers and other decision-makers. They also need to be experienced with various financial software applications to process financial information and create models for other departments.
Who does a Financial Manager work with?
Financial Managers work with different departments and leaders throughout an organization. Typically, they work with the Head of Finance to set financial goals and evaluate its financial performance. They can also work with Finance Controllers and Financial Analysts.
Hiring Financial Manager job description
Post this Financial Manager job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.