Financial Analyst job description
A Financial Analyst is a professional who advises companies and teams on financial matters, including investment decisions in stocks and bonds. They analyze investment opportunities to determine the potential return on investment and provide guidance to maximize financial performance.
This Financial Analyst job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and is easy to customize for your company.
Financial Analyst responsibilities include:
- Consolidating and analyzing financial data, taking into account company’s goals and financial standing
- Providing creative alternatives and recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance
- Assembling and summarizing data to structure sophisticated reports on financial status and risks
We are looking for a Financial Analyst to provide accurate and data based information on company’s profitability, solvency, stability and liquidity. You will research and analyze financial information to help company make well informed decisions, write reports and monitor financial movements.
- Consolidate and analyze financial data (budgets, income statement forecasts etc) taking into account company’s goals and financial standing
- Provide creative alternatives and recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance
- Assemble and summarize data to structure sophisticated reports on financial status and risks
- Develop financial models, conduct benchmarking and process analysis
- Conduct business studies on past, future and comparative performance and develop forecast models
- Identify trends, advise company and recommend actions to a senior financial analyst based on sound analysis
- Track and determine financial status by analyzing actual results in comparison with forecasts
- Reconcile transactions by comparing and correcting data
- Gain and update job knowledge to remain informed about novelty in the field
- Consult with management to guide and influence long term and strategic decision making within the broadest scope
- Drive process improvement and policy development initiatives that impact the function
Requirements and skills
- Proven working experience as a Finance Analyst
- Proficient in spreadsheets, databases, MS Office and financial software applications
- Hands on experience with statistical analysis and statistical packages
- Outstanding presentation, reporting and communication skills
- Proven knowledge of financial forecasting and diagnosis, corporate finance and information analysis
- Well informed in current financial subjects, accounting, tax laws, money market and business environments
- BS degree in Finance, Economics or related field
Frequently asked questions
What does a Financial Analyst do?
A Financial Analyst makes financial forecasts and provides recommendations based on their findings to management teams or stakeholders who need financial insight.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Financial Analyst?
A Financial Analyst is constantly adapting and learning to find and forecast investment opportunities in the market. They use past and present data to provide solid financial plans for a company, adjusting when necessary based on changing conditions or new information. Therefore, they have to stay on top of the latest trends in finance to make sound recommendations.
What makes a good Financial Analyst?
A good Financial Analyst has strong communication skills because they often have conversations with people from many different levels of an organization about complicated financial matters.
Who does a Financial Analyst work with?
Who a Financial Analyst works with depends on the industry or business. For example, financial Analysts can team up with Financial Managers, department managers and even business owners.
Hiring Financial Analyst job description
Post this Financial Analyst job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.