This Fashion Editor job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and is easy to customize for your company.
Fashion Editor Responsibilities
- Deciding on story ideas and themes, along with the editor-in-chief, to meet audience preferences
- Liaising with photographers, models, makeup artists and costume designers and choosing photoshoot locations
- Overseeing layout (artwork, design and photography)
We are looking for a talented fashion editor to supervise the process of creating, developing and presenting content for fashion magazines, photoshoots, websites and newspapers.
The successful candidate should be passionate about the latest fashion trends and be able to bring their creative ideas to life.
As a fashion editor, you will work closely with the editor-in-chief, advertising reps, photographers and models to achieve the highest quality of artwork and ensure readers are given the most up-to-date fashion information.
- Decide on story ideas and themes, along with the editor-in-chief, to meet audience preferences
- Liaise with photographers, models, makeup artists and costume designers and choose photoshoot locations
- Oversee layout (artwork, design and photography)
- Collaborate with writers, check content and edit articles
- Continuously search for latest fashion trends to stay ahead of competitors
- Attend fashion shows, meet with designers and visit retail stores to stay up-to-date
- Suggest new fashion products, such as outfits, accessories, makeup and beauty supplies
- Boost your social media activity and keep in contact with industry professionals
- Meet deadlines and budget requirements
- Ensure all team members are in sync with the latest trends
- Proven work experience as a fashion editor
- Strong editing skills with an excellent portfolio
- Hands on experience with MS Office, InDesign, Photoshop or other publishing tools
- Excellent interpersonal and team management skills
- Creativity and an eye for detail
- Prioritization and time management skills
- BSc degree in journalism, fashion design or related field