Digital Editor job description
This Digital Editor job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and is easy to customize for your company.
Digital Editor responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with staff to brainstorm content topics
- Delegating assignments to in-house team members and freelancers
- Supervising contributors to ensure deadlines are met
We are looking for a passionate digital editor to create an engaging web presence.
As a digital editor, you will be responsible for taking consumer-targeted web content from concept to publication by overseeing a diverse team of staff and freelance contributors.
Ultimately, you should be able to maintain quality and consistency across media types and web platforms and drive increased traffic and brand visibility.
- Collaborate with staff to brainstorm content topics
- Delegate assignments to in-house team members and freelancers
- Supervise contributors to ensure deadlines are met
- Check all pieces for accuracy and cohesiveness
- Edit content using appropriate software
- Improve content by adding music, sound, film or artwork
- Ensure all published content meets quality standards
- Monitor and report on web presence and traffic
- Keep track of developments in digital technology
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a digital editor
- Digital editing skills with an exceptional portfolio of published work
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Avid Media Composer, Lightworks, Premiere, After Effects or Final Cut Pro)
- Familiarity with special effects, 3D and compositing
- Creative mind
- Attention to detail
- Communication skills
- BSc degree in digital editing, video production or related field
Hiring Digital Editor job description
Post this Digital Editor job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.