Digital Editor Responsibilities
- Collaborating with staff to brainstorm content topics
- Delegating assignments to in-house team members and freelancers
- Supervising contributors to ensure deadlines are met
We are looking for a passionate digital editor to create an engaging web presence.
As a digital editor, you will be responsible for taking consumer-targeted web content from concept to publication by overseeing a diverse team of staff and freelance contributors.
Ultimately, you should be able to maintain quality and consistency across media types and web platforms and drive increased traffic and brand visibility.
- Collaborate with staff to brainstorm content topics
- Delegate assignments to in-house team members and freelancers
- Supervise contributors to ensure deadlines are met
- Check all pieces for accuracy and cohesiveness
- Edit content using appropriate software
- Improve content by adding music, sound, film or artwork
- Ensure all published content meets quality standards
- Monitor and report on web presence and traffic
- Keep track of developments in digital technology
- Proven work experience as a digital editor
- Digital editing skills with an exceptional portfolio of published work
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Avid Media Composer, Lightworks, Premiere, After Effects or Final Cut Pro)
- Familiarity with special effects, 3D and compositing
- Creative mind
- Attention to detail
- Communication skills
- BSc degree in digital editing, video production or related field