This Web Editor job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and is easy to customize for your company.
Web Editor Responsibilities
- Producing and publishing new content in a creative way
- Liaising with clients and in-house team members to decide on new posts
- Overseeing layout (images, graphics, videos and artwork)
We are looking for a passionate web editor to research, plan, write and edit web content.
The successful candidate should be a skilled writer and researcher, with an eye for detail and an understanding of the special requirements of web writing.
The goal is to produce creative web content to appeal to our audience.
- Produce and publish new content in a creative way
- Liaise with clients and in-house team members to decide on new posts
- Oversee layout (images, graphics, videos and artwork)
- Check content for accuracy
- Proofread and edit material
- Collaborate with professionals (e.g. web designers, marketing executives and photographers) to improve article presentation
- Use SEO and social media
- Ensure content is up-to-date
- Comply with copyright and privacy regulations
- Monitor website’s traffic to measure popularity
- Keep track of developments in web technology
- Proven work experience as a web editor
- Editing skills with a demonstrable portfolio of published work
- Hands on experience with MS Office, InDesign, Photoshop or other publishing tools
- In-depth knowledge of SEO
- Familiarity with content management systems
- Excellent writing skills in English
- Attention to detail
- Creative mind
- BSc in journalism, communications or related field