This Corporate Travel Manager job description template is optimized for posting to online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
Corporate Travel Manager Responsibilities
- Developing strategic policies and programs for corporate travel
- Handling and overseeing all travel arrangements (air, lodgings etc.) and operations
- Managing relationships with travel agencies and vendors
We are looking for an excellent Corporate Travel Manager to craft effective corporate travel policies and monitor traveling activity and programs. You will be the go-to person for any relevant matter from booking tickets to reconciling expenses to ensuring travel safety.
A corporate travel manager doesn’t just handle travel arrangements. They should be strategic thinkers and able to create travel policies according to the company’s needs. If you add excellent people skills, organizational ability and a great deal of professionalism, then you’re someone we’d like to meet.
The goal is to ensure employee travel is safe and organized according to company policy.
- Develop strategic policies and programs for corporate travel
- Handle and oversee all travel arrangements (air, lodgings etc.) and operations
- Manage relationships with travel agencies and vendors
- Negotiate contracts or rates with travel service providers
- Provide advise on travel documents, insurance, import/export regulations etc.
- Handle credit card programs and charges
- Process T&E reports and handle reimbursements
- Ensure compliance in all aspects of travel procedures
- Drive continuous improvement of travel programs
- Proven experience as corporate travel manager
- Knowledge of international travel regulations, customs and currencies
- Knowledge of T&E reporting and processing
- Working knowledge of MS Office and CTM/GDS solutions
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and negotiation skills
- Well-organized and reliable
- An analytical mind with strong business acumen
- Customer-oriented approach
- High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Training in travel and tourism is a plus