Travel Agent responsibilities include:
- Planning and selling transportations, accommodations, insurance and other travel services
- Cooperating with clients to determine their needs and advising them appropriate destination, modes of transportations, travel dates, costs and accommodations
- Providing relevant information, brochures and publications (guides, local customs, maps, regulations, events etc) to travelers
We are looking for a Travel Agent, who is passionate about traveling. You will manage travel requirements made for business or holiday and you will provide tourism related services and package tours on behalf of our suppliers. The goal is to keep our clients satisfied and loyal for future services.
- Plan and sell transportations, accommodations, insurance and other travel services
- Cooperate with clients to determine their needs and advise them appropriate destination, modes of transportations, travel dates, costs and accommodations
- Provide relevant information, brochures and publications (guides, local customs, maps, regulations, events etc) to travelers
- Book transportation, make hotel reservations and collect payment/fees
- Use promotional techniques and prepare promotional materials to sell itinerary tour packages
- Deal with occurring travel problems, complaints or refunds
- Attend travel seminars to remain updated with tourism trends
- Enter data into our software and maintain client files
- Network with tour operators
- Maintain statistical and financial records
- Meet profit and sales targets
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Travel Agent
- Excellent knowledge of computer reservations systems, GDS systems and e-travelling
- Fluency in English; multilingualism is a plus
- Strong sales skills and commercial awareness
- Ability to interact, communicate and negotiate effectively
- Sound knowledge of domestic and international travel trends
- Degree in Hospitality, Travel, Tourism, Business or relevant field
- Personal travel experience will be considered an advantage
Frequently asked questions
What does a Travel Agent do?
Travel Agents help clients manage everything from transportation to accommodations when planning a vacation. They also help with itinerary planning so that their trip is as fun-filled as possible. Whether it's family activities or ensuring a good hotel, agents make their client's life easier while on vacation.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Travel Agent?
The Travel Agent is responsible for booking flights, hotels, and tours for their clients. They also handle details like insurance coverage or handling conflicts with other plans travelers might have already booked for themselves.
What makes a Good Travel Agent?
Travel Agents have to be able to work in a timely and efficient manner. They work with clients who have specific time frames set for their traveling. This means these professionals have to be able to meet simple deadlines and not get distracted.
Who does a Travel Agent work with?
Travel Agents work with Travel Consultants, who're often the first individuals clients go to when looking to book vacations. Consultants present them with various travel packages, providing them with essential information before planning the outing. The Agent then ensures their comfortability when the venture takes place, utilizing the data from the travel package during their vacation.