Case Manager job description
Case Managers advocate for their patients in healthcare or social service environments. They are responsible for the wellbeing of their clients and guide them through the processes and regulations related to their cases.
This Case Manager job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages. It is easy to customize as a nurse, medical or mental health case worker for your company.
Case Manager responsibilities include:
- Coordinating and providing care that is safe, timely, effective, efficient, equitable, and client-centered
- Handling case assignments, draft service plans, review case progress and determine case closure
- Helping clients achieve wellness and autonomy
We are looking for a Case Manager to enhance the quality of patient management, maximize satisfaction and promote cost effectiveness. The successful candidate will be accountable for the full patient care cycle. Case Manager duties include assessing, planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating actions required to meet the client’s health and human services needed. A certified Case Manager is a plus.
- Coordinate and provide care that is safe, timely, effective, efficient, equitable, and client-centered
- Handle case assignments, draft service plans, review case progress and determine case closure
- Help clients achieve wellness and autonomy
- Facilitate multiple care aspects (case coordination, information sharing, etc)
- Help patients make informed decisions by acting as their advocate regarding their clinical status and treatment options
- Develop effective working relations and cooperate with medical team throughout the entire case management process
- Arrange abeyances with social services, health and governmental agencies
- Take the extra mile and interact with patients to keep track of their progress and to ensure satisfaction
- Record cases information, complete accurately all necessary forms and produce statistical reports
- Promote quality and cost-effective interventions and outcomes
- Assess and address motivational and psychosocial issues
- Adhere to professional standards as outlined by protocols, rules and regulations
Requirements and skills
- Proven working experience in case management, including as a Nurse, Medical, Mental Health Care Manager or a related job
- Excellent knowledge of case management principles, healthcare management and reimbursement
- Previous experience with psychological aspects of care
- Effective communication skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Familiarity with professional and technical emerging knowledge
- Problem solving skills and ability to multi-task
- Compassionate with teamwork skills
- Current license, certification or registration
- BS degree in related healthcare field
Frequently asked questions
What does a Case Manager do?
Case Managers help their patients understand their options concerning the specific situation they are dealing with at the time. They are liaisons between patients and their treatment or care options. There are case managers for mental health, substance abuse, rehabilitation, legal, medical and more.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Case Manager?
Case Managers work directly with their clients. They review their records, speak with their family members, and understand their history to assess their needs and conditions properly. They partner with organizations on behalf of their patients to find the best options. An essential part of a case manager’s responsibilities is preparing the proper care plan.
What makes a good Case Manager?
A good case manager is empathetic, caring, organized, and has strong relationship-building skills. Case managers understand and know about different resources available in the community. They also have excellent documentation, time management, and multitasking skills. What makes an effective case manager is their ability to communicate with the patient and their families.
Who does Case Manager work with?
Case managers work in various settings, so who they work with depends on the situation. They can collaborate with administrators, insurance companies, providers, medical teams, and Social Workers.
Hiring Case Manager job description
Post this Case Manager job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.