This Social Worker job description template covers the key qualifications, duties and responsibilities of this role and can be easily customized to hire clinical, medical or school social workers. Similar job titles include Emergency Response Social Worker.
Social Worker responsibilities include:
- Planning, coordinating and implementing support packages to help clients and their families cope in difficult times and overcome dependencies
- Interviewing service users and assessing their current condition, needs, strengths and weaknesses
- Addressing each case as a unit and setting tailored measurable goals
We are currently seeking an emotionally intelligent Social Worker to join our team.
As an advocate, you will play a crucial role in helping individuals enhance their capacities and coping mechanisms, improving their daily lives and experiences. Within specified standards and timescales, you will provide valuable support and guidance, fostering positive change and contributing to the well-being of our community.
If you are a compassionate professional with expertise in social work, we invite you to apply for the position of Social Worker and become part of our team dedicated to making a meaningful impact in people’s lives.
- Plan, coordinate, manage and implement support packages to help clients deal with difficulties and overcome dependencies
- Interview service users and assess their current condition, needs, strengths and weaknesses
- Address each case as a unit and set tailored measurable goals
- Monitor and evaluate clients’ progress and modify treatment plans accordingly
- Offer information and counseling on the best course of action during sessions
- Maintain accurate records and report on clients’ status
- Attend case conferences and provide evidence in court
- Act as a key-worker and cooperate with multidisciplinary teams
- Refer clients to community services to help them in recovery
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Social Worker
- Working knowledge of social theories and practices
- Social perceptiveness and empathy
- Ability to build and maintain professional helping relationships
- Ability to relate and communicate with diverse population and groups
- Resilience along with ability to assess situations
- Willing to submit to background checks
- BS degree in social work (BSW), psychology or sociology
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Social Worker do?
- Social Workers are professionals who help people solve and cope with their problems. Some of these professions, like child welfare, social work, or mental health, can make a huge difference in someone's life.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Social Worker?
- A social worker's primary daily function is to contact and counsel vulnerable people. They perform crisis intervention, activity planning, and community building, among many other responsibilities to ensure the health and safety of children and their families.
- What makes a good Social Worker?
- Good Social Workers easily empathize with others. Empathy will lead to forming connections because the client feels like they aren't alone in their struggles. Social workers have excellent communication skills to speak with a wide range of clients experiencing different issues.
- Who does a Social Worker work with?
- Social Workers often collaborate with Mental Health Clinics and Human Service Agencies to ensure clients of all situations get the help they need. A Social Worker might even work with Caregivers for disabled patients, understanding their position and their daily struggles.