This Personal Care Assistant job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
Personal Care Assistant Responsibilities
- Ensuring clients receive their medication on time
- Supporting clients who can’t move on their own
- Helping clients dress, bathe, eat etc.
We are looking for a competent personal care assistant to support physically or mentally challenged customers in their everyday lives. The fulfilment and satisfaction that comes with helping others surpasses the challenges of this job.
If you’re a compassionate, positive person who isn’t afraid to work hard, then this is a job for you. We expect you to be polite and a good communicator. Experience in housekeeping tasks and caring for the elderly or sick will make you a strong candidate.
- Ensure clients receive their medication on time
- Support clients who can’t move on their own
- Help clients dress, bathe, eat etc.
- Assist clients with physical therapy exercises
- Cook meals according to the customer’s restrictions
- Help customers with their shopping
- Do necessary housekeeping to maintain a clean environment
- Provide emotional support
- Inform physicians or supervisors about uncommon events
- Act quickly and responsibly in cases of emergency
- Proven experience as personal care assistant
- Committed to health & safety
- Able to do housework and cooking
- Well-organized and reliable
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Positive and compassionate attitude
- Strong ethics
- Physical stamina
- CPR certified
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A valid driver’s licence