This Home Health Aide job description template is optimized for posting to online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company. Similar job titles include Home Care Aide.
Home Health Aide responsibilities include:
- Providing health care services in patients residences
- Performing domestic and household tasks
- Transporting and accompanying patients to doctors office or to hospital
We are looking for a compassionate Home Health Aide to provide assistance in daily living and personal care services in patients homes in accordance with an established care plan.
- Provide health care services in patients residences
- Perform domestic and household tasks
- Transport and accompany patients to doctors office or to hospital
- Administer simple prescribed medications
- Assist with clients personal care activities
- Monitor patients (vital signs, temperature, respiration, etc) and report on their condition
- Maintain patients care records and document provided services
- Assist patients with mobility and physical therapies/exercises
- Instruct and counsel patients and families on diet and exercise
- Collect routine specimens
- Provide companionship and basic emotional or psychological support
Requirements and skills
- Proven working experience as Home Health Aide
- Ability to monitor vital signs and to collect specimens
- Familiarity with basic nutrition and personal hygiene standards
- Proficiency in English
- Nursing and health care administration skills
- Caring and compassionate personality
- Current CPR certificate
- First Aid training
- Valid driver’s licencse
- High school degree
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Home Health Aide do?
- A Home Health Aide provides primary personal care to patients, such as bathing and dressing them in their own home. Along with medical care, they also provide light housekeeping duties around the home and help patients with other tasks around their home.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Home Health Aide?
- The duties of a Home Health Aide vary, but typically they help their clients by performing household tasks such as laundry, cooking meals and snacks, shopping requirements of all kinds of tasks around their home.
- What makes a good Home Health Aide?
- A good Home Health Aide must be compassionate and care about the patients since they will help patients in their homes. They should also have a good understanding of medical procedures since they support the well-being of their patients throughout their shift.
- Who does a Home Health Aide work with?
- Home Health Aides work in clients' homes, and personal care workers assist people of all ages, from newborns up through the elderly. They typically work with Registered Nurses to ensure their patients receive the attention and care they need.