This Bursar job description template is optimized with necessary job responsibilities and requirements and is easy to post to online job boards. Modify this template according to your needs to attract the best candidates for your school, university or other educational institution.
- Overseeing day-to-day cash management
- Managing accounts payable and receivable
- Keeping organized books of tuition fees and files of receipts
We are looking for a Bursar to oversee the day-to-day operation of our financial services, like collecting tuition fees and managing account receivable/payable.
Your main responsibilities include management of our budget, procurement and payment of supplies and setup of our financial procedures. You will also undertake general and financial administrative tasks (e.g. managing employment contracts, ensuring compliance with the law and contacting local authorities.) To be successful in this role, you should be able to perform multiple tasks in a timely and effective manner, under minimum supervision.
Ultimately, you should ensure the smooth financial and operational management of our school, in compliance with regulations.
- Oversee day-to-day cash management
- Manage accounts payable and receivable
- Keep organized books of tuition fees and files of receipts
- Prepare expense reports on a regular basis
- Manage annual budget
- Conduct cost and productivity analyses
- Review employment contracts and terms of services
- Design and update financial procedures
- Liaise with local authorities and school governors
- Report to the school general on performance and investment/funding opportunities
- Proven work experience as a Bursar
- Computer literacy (MS Excel in particular)
- Strong financial management skills
- Knowledge of accounting procedures and best practices
- Familiarity with budget preparation and cash flow management
- Solid time management skills with an ability to prioritize work
- Excellent analytical skills and experience creating reports and presentations
- BS degree in Accounting, Business Management or relevant degree
- Certification in School Administration a plus