This Accounting Supervisor job description template is optimized with accounting duties for senior level roles. Feel free to customize this template to meet specific job requirements for your company.
Accounting Supervisor Responsibilities
- Overseeing daily transactions (e.g. accounts payable/receivable, general ledger and bank reconciliations)
- Participating in tax audits and payroll
- Preparing budget reports
We are looking for an Accounting Supervisor to oversee our accounting department’s daily operations.
You will work closely with a team of accountants to manage financial functions, including accounts payable/receivable, bank reconciliations and tax audits. Our ideal candidate uses strong analytical skills to create detailed financial reports and forecasts. To succeed in this role, you should also have a problem-solving attitude and be able to manage a team.
Ultimately, you should be able to ensure our financial management is accurate and effective.
- Oversee daily transactions, including accounts payable/receivable, general ledger and bank reconciliations
- Participate in regular tax audits and payroll
- Prepare budgeting reports and forecast revenues
- Manage month-end and year-end closing
- Monitor the daily performance of the accounting department
- Organize financial data into useable information and maintain updated records
- Track the progress of financial and accounting objectives
- Establish accounting policies and procedures, aligned with company’s targets
- Ensure compliance with the law
- Proven work experience as an Accounting Supervisor
- Experience with accounting software (e.g. FreshBooks and Zoho)
- Strong computer skills, MS Excel in particular (managing spreadsheets, creating charts and using advanced formulas)
- Solid knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, laws and regulations
- Excellent analytical skills to manage large amounts of data
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Team management skills
- Ability to prioritize work
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance
- Accounting certification (e.g. CMA or CPA) is a plus
- Source and recruit accountants with Workable’s Boolean search cheat sheets.