Accounting Assistant responsibilities include:
- Reconciling invoices and identifying discrepancies
- Creating and updating expense reports
- Processing reimbursement forms
We are looking for an Accounting Assistant to perform daily accounting tasks that will support our financial team.
Accounting Assistant responsibilities include managing expense reports and reimbursements, entering financial transactions into our internal databases and reconciling invoices. If you have an Accounting degree and are interested in gaining experience in bookkeeping procedures, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will help our Accounting department run smoothly, ensuring transparency and efficiency in all transactions.
- Reconcile invoices and identify discrepancies
- Create and update expense reports
- Process reimbursement forms
- Prepare bank deposits
- Enter financial transactions into internal databases
- Check spreadsheets for accuracy
- Maintain digital and physical financial records
- Issue invoices to customers and external partners, as needed
- Review and file payroll documents
- Participate in quarterly and annual audits
Requirements and skills
- Work experience as an Accounting Assistant or Accounting Clerk
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping procedures
- Familiarity with finance regulations
- Good math skills and the ability to spot numerical errors
- Hands-on experience with MS Excel and accounting software (e.g. QuickBooks)
- Organization skills
- Ability to handle sensitive, confidential information
- BSc/Ba in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
Frequently asked questions
What does an Accounting Assistant do?
An Accounting Assistant prepares budgets and records and sends invoices for services or products rendered by company employees that have been approved by management. They handle cash transactions and perform other administrative duties as needed, such as making presentations about financial reports.
What are the duties and responsibilities of an Accounting Assistant?
The Accounting Assistant is responsible for assisting Accountants with preparing budgets and records. They may also send invoices and ensure all transactions have been accounted for accurately and on time. They often help lighten or lessen the workload of full Accountants, taking care of more minor tasks.
What makes a Good Accounting Assistant?
A successful Accounting Assistant must have excellent attention to detail, and verbal and written communication skills are required. They should also have computer literacy for this position's work environment. The ability to manage various workload volumes is also essential, as that might fluctuate daily.
Who does an Accounting Assistant work with?
Accounting Assistants collaborate with Junior Accountants to process and record transactions and prepare reports or budgets as needed. They may also support them by emailing clients and fact-checking data for accuracy.