This Search engine marketing (SEM) specialist job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and is easy to customize for your company. You can use this job description to hire an SEM Specialist or PPC Specialist for your company.
Search Engine Marketing Specialist Responsibilities
- Executing tests, collecting and analyzing data, identifying trends and insights in order to achieve maximum ROI in paid search campaigns
- Tracking, reporting and analyzing website analytics, pay-per-click (PPC) initiatives and campaigns
- Managing campaign expenses, staying on budget, estimating monthly costs and reconciling discrepancies
We are looking for an SEM expert to manage all pay-per-click (PPC) marketing activities.
The Search Engine Marketing (SEM) Specialist will manage all paid search campaigns on Google, Yahoo and Bing, as well as other search and display marketing engines. A successful SEM Specialist will effectively manage the paid search budget and work with the SEO and Marketing team in order to maximize ROI, drive traffic, and customers.
- Execute tests, collect and analyze data, identify trends and insights in order to achieve maximum ROI in paid search campaigns
- Track, report, and analyze website analytics and PPC initiatives and campaigns
- Manage campaign expenses, staying on budget, estimating monthly costs and reconciling discrepancies
- Optimize copy and landing pages for paid search engine marketing campaigns
- Perform ongoing paid keyword discovery, expansion and optimization
- Research and analyze competitor advertising links
- Proven SEM experience and success managing PPC campaigns across Google, Yahoo and Bing
- Well-versed in performance marketing, conversion, and online customer acquisition
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in search engine marketing
- In-depth experience with bid management tools (e.g., Click Equations, Marin, Kenshoo, Search Ignite)
- Experience with website analytics tools (e.g, Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends)
- Strong analytical skills and experience generating SEM reports
- Familiarity with A/B and multivariate experiments
- BS/MS degree in Marketing or a quantitative, test-driven field
- Assess candidates with our PPC Manager interview questions