QA Tester responsibilities include:
- Reviewing and analyzing system specifications
- Executing test scripts and reviewing results
- Reporting and documenting technical issues
We are looking for a QA Tester to assess software quality through manual and automated testing. You will be responsible for finding and reporting bugs and glitches.
In this role, you should have a keen eye for detail and excellent communication skills. If you are also competent in executing test cases and are passionate about quality, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will ensure that our products, applications and systems work correctly.
- Review and analyze system specifications
- Collaborate with QA Engineers to develop effective strategies and test plans
- Execute test cases (manual or automated) and analyze results
- Evaluate product code according to specifications
- Create logs to document testing phases and defects
- Report bugs and errors to development teams
- Help troubleshoot issues
- Conduct post-release/ post-implementation testing
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as a Quality Assurance Tester or similar role
- Experience in project management and QA methodology
- Familiarity with Agile frameworks and regression testing is a plus
- Ability to document and troubleshoot errors
- Working knowledge of test management software (e.g. qTest, Zephyr) and SQL
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
- Strong organizational skills
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
Frequently asked questions
What does a QA Tester do?
A QA Tester ensures that new or modified computer software applications perform as intended. They might also be tasked with verifying the functioning of automated programs which help in this process.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a QA Tester?
QA Testers have many different day-to-day responsibilities, such as testing products for bugs, reviewing specifications, executing scripts, and analyzing the results.
What makes a good QA Tester?
A good QA Tester is able to adapt and become productive in a shorter time than average when they're faced with an unfamiliar environment or skill-set. They have a broad knowledge of systems, experience with issues and vulnerabilities in software, and must be skilled with technology.
Who does a QA Tester work with?
Typically, QA Testers work with QA Engineers after identifying bugs or other issues with the software they are testing to ensure the bugs are fixed.