This Manager of Quality Assurance job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
Manager of Quality Assurance responsibilities include:
- Devising procedures to inspect and report quality assurance issues
- Monitoring all operations that affect quality
- Supervising and guiding inspectors, technicians and other staff
We are looking for a reliable Manager of Quality Assurance to ensure that all external and internal requirements are met before our product reaches our customers. You will be responsible for inspecting procedures and outputs and identifying mistakes or non-conformity issues.
An excellent Quality Assurance Manager has eyes like a hawk and solid experience in quality control. The ideal candidate is a reliable and competent professional whose approval will be necessary for the continuation of a business life cycle.
The goal is to assure the high quality of our operations and services aiming to the long-term success of our business.
- Devise procedures to inspect and report quality issues
- Monitor all operations that affect quality
- Supervise and guide inspectors, technicians and other staff
- Assure the reliability and consistency of production by checking processes and final output
- Appraise customers’ requirements and make sure they are satisfied
- Report all malfunctions to production executives to ensure immediate action
- Facilitate proactive solutions by collecting and analyzing quality data
- Review current standards and policies
- Keep records of quality reports, statistical reviews and relevant documentation
- Ensure all legal standards are met
- Communicate with external quality assurance officers during on-site inspections
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as a quality assurance manager or relevant role
- Thorough knowledge of methodologies of quality assurance and standards
- Excellent numerical skills and understanding of data analysis/statistical methods
- Good knowledge of MS Office and databases
- Outstanding communication skills
- Great attention to detail and a results driven approach
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
- Reliable and Trustworthy
- BSc/BA in business administration or relevant field
- Certification of quality control is a strong advantage (ISO 9000 etc.)
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Quality Assurance Manager do?
- Quality Assurance Managers devise and safeguard quality standards in production companies. They manage staff and oversee processes that affect the product's overall integrity, such as data analysis or policy-making regarding higher quality demands by customers' needs.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Quality Assurance Manager?
- The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for maintaining the highest quality standards in a production company. They help develop, protect, and audit all processes that may impact certain qualities. This monitoring ensures that customers will receive nothing but top-notch service.
- What makes a Good Quality Assurance Manager?
- A Quality Assurance Manager needs to have strong leadership and teamwork skills to build positive relationships with their team. Attention to detail is essential, as it's part of the job description for testing products for defects. Furthermore, analytical minds produce better results when analyzing large amounts of data than someone who lacks these qualities.
- Who does a Quality Assurance Manager work with?
- A Quality Assurance Manager works alongside a Quality Assurance Engineer, who creates detailed and comprehensive plans for testing products, overseen by the QA Manager. While the Manager ensures efficiency, the Engineer ensures the product is appropriately tested.