Quality Manager responsibilities include:
- Understanding customer needs and requirements to develop effective quality control processes
- Devising and reviewing specifications for products or processes
- Setting requirements for raw material or intermediate products for suppliers and monitoring their compliance
We are looking for an experienced Quality Manager to ensure that our products and services meet all necessary requirements before they reach the consumer.
The Quality Manager, or Quality Assurance Manager, will inspect the final product to make sure it has been built with compliance to legal standards and meets customer expectations. A great quality manager is thorough and observant with an eye for detail.
They must fully understand the requirements for the product or service and have a sense of responsibility towards our potential and existing customers as well as the competition.
The goal is to help preserve our reputation by ensuring that our products and services are capable to drive sustainable growth.
- Understand customer needs and requirements to develop effective quality control processes
- Devise and review specifications for products or processes
- Set requirements for raw material or intermediate products for suppliers and monitor their compliance
- Ensure adherence to health and safety guidelines as well as legal obligations
- Supervise inspectors, technicians and other staff and provide guidance and feedback
- Oversee all product development procedures to identify deviations from quality standards
- Inspect final output and compare properties to requirements
- Approve the right products or reject defectives
- Keep accurate documentation and perform statistical analysis
- Solicit feedback from customers to assess whether their requirements are met
- Submit detailed reports to appropriate executives
- Be on the lookout for opportunities for improvement and develop new efficient procedures
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as quality manager
- Conscientious and responsible
- A keen eye for detail and a results driven approach
- Outstanding communication skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- In depth understanding of quality control procedures and relevant legal standards
- Excellent math abilities and working knowledge of data analysis/statistical methods
- BSc/ Ba in business administration or relevant field
- Certification of quality control is a strong advantage (ISO 9000 etc.)
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Quality Manager do?
- The Quality Manager is responsible for ensuring that each part of the manufacturing process has been correctly completed. They will perform detailed inspections to make sure products meet or exceed industry standards, eliminating anything not up-to-code and finding reasons behind any issues found in these inspections.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Quality Manager?
- A Quality Manager is responsible for implementing and executing inspection, testing, and evaluation methods to ensure that products adhere closely to company standards. They prepare reports by collecting data on inspections or other aspects such as production line cleanliness which are analyzed in detail. They also work according to deadlines while delivering outstanding service within the industry's needs.
- What makes a good Quality Manager?
- A great Quality Manager has an eye for detail and knows their products well. They are thorough in everything they do, always available to help out when needed, and they provide good leadership that sets the tone of how things should be done.
- Who does a Quality Manager work with?
- In this role as a Quality Manager, it requires someone who can handle both training lines' staff members and additionally, have excellent customer relationship skills. They work closely with a Quality Inspector, ensuring that manufactured products meet all requirements.