This Quality Inspector job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
Quality Inspector responsibilities include:
- Reading blueprints and instructions to comprehend the quality expectations for the product and supplies
- Approving or rejecting raw materials with respect to quality standards and record supplier performance
- Selecting output samples and checking them using appropriate methods
We are looking for a responsible Quality Inspector to check the quality of all incoming and outgoing material and products as well as production procedures. You will be a firm advocate of quality in our business.
The ideal candidate will possess a trained eye for detail and will be reliable and committed. In depth knowledge and comprehension of quality standards is essential.
The goal is to ensure that our products are made of flawless materials with well-functioning equipment. That way our customers will enjoy high-quality merchandise so that we can achieve long-term success.
- Read blueprints and instructions to comprehend the quality expectations for the product and supplies
- Approve or reject raw materials with respect to quality standards and record supplier performance
- Select output samples and check them using appropriate methods (measuring dimensions, testing functionality, comparing to specifications etc.)
- Use automated systems to perform complex testing procedures
- Maintain records of testing, information and various metrics such as number of defective products per day etc.
- Inspect procedures of the entire production cycle to ensure they are efficient and comply with safety standards
- Monitor the use of equipment to ensure it is safe and well-maintained and discard any that doesn’t meet requirements
- Prepare and submit reports to the quality manager
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as quality inspector or relevant role
- A keen eye for detail and a results-driven approach
- Responsible and trustworthy
- Familiarity with quality testing machines and systems
- Thorough knowledge of quality control standards and testing methodologies
- Certification of quality control is a strong advantage (ISO 9000 etc.)
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- High School Degree; Further qualifications will be a plus
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Quality Inspector do?
- A Quality Inspector works to guarantee high-quality output through random checks on anything from equipment maintenance procedures to the final approval steps before releasing into production. They remove items that do not meet company specifications from the production line and make adjustments to ensure the error does not occur again.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Quality Inspector?
- A Quality Inspector is responsible for ensuring that products meet company requirements and are manufactured according to specifications. Their duties include measuring objects, running tests to identify defects and comparing products against a model to ensure everything meets high standards before leaving the manufacturing line.
- What makes a good Quality Inspector?
- A Quality Inspector must have excellent written communication abilities, strong problem-solving capabilities and solid attention to detail. In addition, they need to make quick decisions and learn the quality guidelines for each product within the production line.
- Who does a Quality Inspector work with?
- A Quality Inspector works with a Manager Of Quality Assurance to ensure raw materials and finished products meet all designated quality specifications. In addition, they will communicate guidelines and expectations to other company employees, so all members of the production line are on the same page.