This Project Coordinator job description template is optimized for posting in online job boards or careers pages. It’s easy to customize with key project coordinator responsibilities for your company.
Project Coordinator responsibilities include:
- Coordinating project schedules, resources, equipment and information
- Liaising with clients to identify and define project requirements, scope and objectives
- Ensuring that clients’ needs are met as the project evolves
Hiring a Project coordinator? Sign up for Workable’s 15-day free trial to post this job and hire better, faster.
We are looking for a responsible Project Coordinator to administer and organize all types of projects, from simple activities to more complex plans.
Project Coordinator responsibilities include working closely with our Project Manager to prepare comprehensive action plans, including resources, timeframes and budgets for projects. You will perform various coordinating tasks, like schedule and risk management, along with administrative duties, like maintaining project documentation and handling financial queries. To succeed in this role, you should have excellent time management and communication skills, as you’ll collaborate with clients and internal teams to deliver results on deadlines.
Ultimately, the Project Coordinator’s duties are to ensure that all projects are completed on time, within budget and meet high quality standards.
- Coordinate project management activities, resources, equipment and information
- Break projects into doable actions and set timeframes
- Liaise with clients to identify and define requirements, scope and objectives
- Assign tasks to internal teams and assist with schedule management
- Make sure that clients’ needs are met as projects evolve
- Help prepare budgets
- Analyze risks and opportunities
- Oversee project procurement management
- Monitor project progress and handle any issues that arise
- Act as the point of contact and communicate project status to all participants
- Work with the Project Manager to eliminate blockers
- Use tools to monitor working hours, plans and expenditures
- Issue all appropriate legal paperwork (e.g. contracts and terms of agreement)
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports
- Ensure standards and requirements are met through conducting quality assurance tests
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Project Coordinator or similar role
- Experience in project management, from conception to delivery
- An ability to prepare and interpret flowcharts, schedules and step-by-step action plans
- Solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management
- Strong client-facing and teamwork skills
- Familiarity with risk management and quality assurance control
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Project and Microsoft Planner
- Hands-on experience with project management tools (e.g. Basecamp or Trello)
- BSc in Business Administration or related field
- PMP / PRINCE2 certification is a plus
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Project Coordinator do?
- A Project Coordinator ensures that upcoming projects are implemented successfully by gathering equipment, resources and information. In addition, they maintain budgets for each task while also organizing shareholder meetings to bring together all stakeholders involved with a particular project.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Project Coordinator?
- Project Coordinators are responsible for ensuring the schedule, budget and details of a given task are well organized. They communicate with various departments to keep everyone on board about any changes to the project plan. In addition, they organize reporting, plan meetings and provide updates to project managers.
- What makes a good Project Coordinator?
- A Project Coordinator’s challenging and fast-paced environment require excellence to keep things running smoothly. They must be able to work well under pressure without sacrificing quality. A good Project Coordinator should be detail-oriented, dependable, a problem solver and a good communicator.
- Who does a Project Coordinator work with?
- Project Coordinators assist Project Managers by performing various administrative tasks to help projects stay on schedule and within budget.