Programmer job description
This Programmer job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
Programmer responsibilities include:
- erCollaborating with business analysts and developers to produce software designs
- Formulating program specifications and basic prototypes
- Transforming software designs and specifications into high functioning code in the appropriate language
We are looking for a talented programmer to create secure and functional code. You may have to provide quality coding solutions both for simple applications and complex information or operating systems.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for technology and software building. Attention to detail and an analytical mind are essential qualities for a successful career in programming.
The goal is to design and build superior and innovative software by writing clean and flawless code.
- Collaborate with business analysts and developers to produce software designs
- Formulate program specifications and basic prototypes
- Transform software designs and specifications into high functioning code in the appropriate language
- Integrate individual software solutions to higher level systems
- Use web-based tools to create advanced SaaS when applicable
- Test code periodically to ensure it produces the desirable results and perform debugging when necessary
- Perform upgrades to make software and systems more secure and efficient
- Collaborate with technical writers to create documentation for user support
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as a programmer or relevant role
- Ability to program in languages such as C++, Java (J2EE), XML, Python etc.
- Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (JSF, Wicket, GWT, Spring MVC)
- Excellent knowledge with relational databases, SQL and ORM technologies
- Detail-oriented and excellent concentration ability
- An analytical mindset and critical thinking
- Demonstrable ability to discover and fix errors in code
- BSc/BA in computer science, software engineering or relevant discipline
Hiring Programmer job description
Post this Programmer job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.