Java Developer responsibilities include:
- Designing and developing high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems and delivering high-availability and performance
- Contributing in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Writing well designed, testable, efficient code
We are looking for a Java Developer with experience in building high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications.
You will be part of a talented software team that works on mission-critical applications. Java developer roles and responsibilities include managing Java/Java EE application development while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing.
Java developer responsibilities include designing, developing and delivering high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
- Prepare and produce releases of software components
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
Requirements and skills
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Proven hands-on Software Development experience
- Proven working experience in Java development
- Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms
- Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Profound insight of Java and JEE internals (Classloading, Memory Management, Transaction management etc)
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Experience in the Spring Framework
- Experience as a Sun Certified Java Developer
- Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (JSF, Wicket, GWT, Spring MVC)
- Experience with test-driven development
Frequently asked questions
What does a Java Developer do?
Java Developers are in charge of developing and managing software that uses the Java programming language. Roles for this position vary widely but could include owning a particular application or working on several at once, depending upon how much time they have on a project.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Java Developer?
Java Developers are responsible for implementing application phases and code in a Java program. They do this by conducting analysis and developing tests of their work. They may also improve established processes and other perfect existing programs.
What makes a Good Java Developer?
A successful Java Developer has to have a passion for what they do, showing such in every line of code. They should understand various design patterns or algorithms while still following best practices from different fields, with software development no exception.
Who does a Java Developer work with?
Java Developers often work with Java Software Engineers. The latter focuses primarily on perfecting and analyzing projects created and developed within Java. Their duties are similar, which further improves their ability to work together while still having individual qualities differentiating the two.