Manufacturing Engineer job description
A Manufacturing Engineer is a professional who is responsible for designing, implementing, and reviewing the procedures involved in manufacturing processes. Their duties include researching automation techniques to maximize the efficiency of production lines and planning factory layouts that optimize how products are made across entire facilities or warehouses, with multiple departments making up one system simultaneously.
What is a manufacturing engineer?
Manufacturing engineers usually work inside factories or other production sites. They develop efficient systems, processes and machines that result in high-quality products. They may also take into account how manufacturing processes impact the environment.
What does a manufacturing engineer do?
The main manufacturing engineer responsibilities revolve around studying requirements for each production process and product at hand, and determining the most efficient operations based on these requirements. Also, these professionals may design machines and equipment.
Manufacturing Engineer duties include:
- Evaluating manufacturing processes
- Developing effective automated and non-automated systems
- Testing new and existing production procedures
If you like this manufacturing engineer job description, check out our other engineering job descriptions and production job descriptions.
We are looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to help us implement manufacturing processes that result in high-quality products.
You need to have good knowledge of tool design and fabrication methods. Other necessary manufacturing engineer skills include project management ability, commitment to quality, and familiarity with safety and environmental standards. If you’re also inventive and meticulous, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you’ll be the one to ensure our production lines work efficiently and effectively to satisfy our customers.
- Evaluate manufacturing processes based on quality criteria, such as efficiency and speed
- Study production and machine requirements
- Develop and test effective automated and manual systems
- Design and install equipment
- Organize and manage manufacturing workflows and resources
- Integrate disparate systems (e.g. equipment handling, transport)
- Optimize facility layouts, production lines, machine operations and network performance
- Resolve issues and delays in production
- Find ways to reduce costs and maximize quality
- Train staff in new and existing processes
- Collaborate with other engineers, contractors and suppliers
- Ensure that manufacturing procedures follow safety and environmental regulations
- Upgrade systems and processes with new technology
Requirements and skills
- Previous experience as a manufacturing engineer or similar role
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, fabrication methods and tool design
- Familiarity with manufacturing equipment and quality assurance techniques
- Commitment to health and safety standards and environmental regulations
- Well-versed in relevant software (e.g. CAD, MS Office)
- Project management skills
- Problem-solving ability
- Teamwork skills
- Ability to occasionally work late shifts
- Degree in Engineering; post-graduate degree is a plus
Frequently asked questions
What does a Manufacturing Engineer do?
Manufacturing Engineers are responsible for eliminating waste in the manufacturing process and applying innovative systems to improve company workflows. Their role is identifying criteria, quality speed, and then consistently measuring behaviors and evaluating success with a focus on reducing delays or unproductive downtime while maximizing output per day spent at any given plant or facility.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Manufacturing Engineer?
A Manufacturing Engineer's job is to make sure that the company’s manufacturing process runs smoothly and in compliance with all government regulations. They are also responsible for evaluating quality control processes, providing management reports on data analysis from production schedules or methods, and other information needed by management so they can better understand future needs.
What makes a good Manufacturing Engineer?
A good Manufacturing Engineer has the ability to work well under pressure, with strong leadership skills and an understanding of teamwork. They also possess problem-solving abilities that are necessary for their work.
Who does a Manufacturing Engineer work with?
A Manufacturing Engineer works alongside other engineers to complete a job in an orderly fashion. They work specifically with the Process Engineer to configure and optimize industrial processes from inception through to start up and certification.
Hiring Manufacturing Engineer job description
Post this Manufacturing Engineer job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.