Project Engineer responsibilities include:
- Preparing, scheduling, coordinating and monitoring the assigned engineering projects
- Monitoring compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications
- Interacting daily with the clients to interpret their needs and requirements and representing them in the field
We are looking for an accountable Project Engineer to be responsible for all engineering and technical disciplines that projects involve. You will schedule, plan, forecast, resource and manage all the technical activities aiming at assuring project accuracy and quality from conception to completion.
- Prepare, schedule, coordinate and monitor the assigned engineering projects
- Monitor compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications
- Interact daily with the clients to interpret their needs and requirements and represent them in the field
- Perform overall quality control of the work (budget, schedule, plans, personnel’s performance) and report regularly on project status
- Assign responsibilities and mentor project team
- Cooperate and communicate effectively with project manager and other project participants to provide assistance and technical support
- Review engineering deliverables and initiate appropriate corrective actions
Requirements and skills
- Proven working experience as a Project Engineer
- Excellent knowledge of design and visualisations software such as AutoCAD
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Familiarity with rules, regulations, best practices and performance standards
- Ability to work with multiple discipline projects
- Project management and supervision skills
- Decision making ability and leadership skills
- Current engineer license
- Time management and organization skills
- BS degree in Engineering or relevant field
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Project Engineer do?
- A Project Engineer oversees all aspects of an assigned project, including planning, budgeting, and logistics. They spend time at the job site ensuring work is completed efficiently with no errors or negative impacts on the timeline. The Project Engineer also provides feedback to all team members and facilitates communication throughout the project’s lifecycle.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Project Engineer?
- The Project Engineer is responsible for planning out projects. Their duties include establishing criteria that will ensure the success of the required tasks by coordinating reviews from other engineers on-site. A Project Engineer is also responsible for ensuring everything goes according to plan during the implementation time frame.
- What makes a good Project Engineer?
- A Project Engineer must have a combination of good organizational skills and engineering knowledge to be successful. They should also have excellent communication abilities to ensure the delivery of essential project information to the correct parties. A Project Engineer should also have good time management to meet critical project deadlines.
- Who does a Project Engineer work with?
- A Project Engineer works closely with the Field Engineer to ensure that tasks on-site are completed correctly and promptly. They also communicate with project managers to oversee technical project aspects.