This Construction Manager job description template is optimized for posting a project manager – construction job description in online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
Construction Manager responsibilities include:
- Overseeing and directing construction projects from conception to completion
- Reviewing the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs
- Overseeing all onsite and offsite constructions to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations
We are currently seeking a reliable Construction Manager to join our team.
In this role, you will be responsible for planning construction projects and overseeing their progress from start to finish in a timely and cost-effective manner. Your key responsibilities will include budgeting, organization, implementation, and scheduling of the projects.
As the Construction Manager, you will collaborate closely with various stakeholders to ensure smooth project execution. With your keen attention to detail and strong organizational skills, you will ensure that all construction activities align with the established timeline and budget.
Your expertise in project management will be crucial in coordinating resources, resolving any issues that may arise, and delivering successful construction projects.
- Oversee and direct construction projects from conception to completion
- Review the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs
- Oversee all onsite and offsite constructions to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations
- Coordinate and direct construction workers and subcontractors
- Select tools, materials and equipment and track inventory
- Meet contractual conditions of performance
- Review the work progress on daily basis
- Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job status
- Plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones
- Negotiate terms of agreements, draft contracts and obtain permits and licences
- Analyse, manage and mitigate risks
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques
Requirements and skills
- Proven working experience in construction management
- Advanced knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- Understanding of all facets of the construction process
- Familiarity with construction management software packages
- Ability to plan and see the “big picture”
- Competent in conflict and crisis management
- Leadership and human resources management skills
- Excellent time and project management skills
- BS degree in construction management, architecture, engineering or related field
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Construction Manager do?
- Construction Managers plan, coordinate, and manage every aspect of a building project from start to finish. They consider weather conditions, and their schedules vary depending on how long a company wants them there. They also deal with what type of work needs to be done at any given time.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Construction Manager?
- Construction Managers are responsible for keeping construction projects running correctly from start to finish. They do so by monitoring the progress onsite in their field office. Then, they decide what needs further attention or notify other parties if something hasn't been accomplished according to urgency levels specified by higher-ups.
- What makes a Good Construction Manager?
- A successful Construction Manager needs excellent communication skills to connect with workers and create stronger relationships between them, which will help avoid delays in the process of completing each task on time because everyone's working together as one team.
- Who does a Construction Manager work with?
- A Construction Manager handles and plans the duties of Construction Workers. While a Construction Worker takes the primary responsibilities of the building process, the manager ensures the work gets done correctly and on time.