This Construction Worker job description template is optimized for posting to online job boards or careers pages and easy to customise for your company.
Construction Worker responsibilities include:
- Assisting tradesmen and machine operators in construction projects
- Erecting and breaking up scaffolding, ramps etc. with attention to safety
- Unloading and carrying materials at construction sites
We are looking for a competent Construction Worker to work on buildings, roads and other construction projects. You will be the one to help the plans of architects and engineers come to life and become full and solid structures.
Experience in working on relevant projects and using equipment is essential. You must have physical strength, endurance and work well with your hands. Being good in collaboration and following instructions and safety rules, are also important.
- Assist tradesmen and machine operators in construction projects
- Erect and break up scaffolding, ramps etc. with attention to safety
- Unload and carry materials at construction sites
- Use equipment to break old forms and structures
- Use explosives to demolish structures according to instructions
- Prepare and apply construction materials to build structures or fill gaps (e.g cement)
- Smooth and level new concrete or other materials
- Clean out site from debris and discarded material
- Place traffic signals where appropriate
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as construction worker
- Experience in operating equipment like trench rammers, drills, pneumatic hammers etc.
- Knowledge of mixing and pouring construction material (concrete, sand, grout etc.)
- Knowledge of basic engineering and construction principles and methods
- Able to work in a team
- Able to read instructions and blueprints when needed
- Very good knowledge of English (spoken and written)
- Excellent balance and eye-hand coordination
- High school diploma or equivalent
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Construction Worker do?
- A Construction Worker typically cleans and prepares construction sites by removing debris or possible hazards. And they load building materials for use in a project and build scaffolds that will be taken apart later when a project is completed.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Construction Worker?
- Construction Workers are responsible for tasks such as removing debris and erecting scaffolding. They also load building materials into trucks or other vehicles to be transported elsewhere during construction site operations.
- What makes a good Construction Worker?
- A good Construction Worker must perform multiple tasks at construction sites that require extensive physical labor like lifting, climbing and operating hand tools.
- Who does a Construction Worker work with?
- A Construction Worker may work under a Construction Manager who oversees and directs construction projects. Although the worker might not work closely with the manager, the two still work together to complete tasks correctly.