Construction Foreman job description
A Construction Foreman is a professional who is the glue that holds construction companies and warehouses together. They work closely with managers to determine hiring needs, deadlines for specific tasks as well as safety protocols to enforce among workers. They host meetings on-site and use their trade experience in this role, depending upon what's needed most within an industry setting.
This Construction Foreman job description template is optimized for posting to online job boards or careers pages. Customize it with foreman duties for your construction company.
Construction Foreman responsibilities include:
- Coordinating construction work according to priorities and plans
- Producing schedules and monitor attendance of crew
- Allocating general and daily responsibilities
We are looking for a competent Construction Foreman to coordinate operations and oversee workers at construction sites. As the point of reference of both workers and supervisors, you will be a key person for the completion of a project.
A construction foreman has a solid background in the field. Your leadership skills and your extensive experience have earned you the ability to direct the work of others and make quick decisions. You must be well-organized and favor safety above everything else.
- Coordinate tasks according to priorities and plans
- Produce schedules and monitor attendance of crew
- Allocate general and daily responsibilities
- Supervise and train workers and tradespeople
- Ensure manpower and resources are adequate
- Guarantee all safety precautions and quality standards are met
- Supervise the use of machinery and equipment
- Monitor expenditure and ensure it remains within budget
- Resolve problems when they arise
- Report on progress to managers, engineers etc.
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as construction foreman
- In-depth knowledge of construction procedures, equipment and OSH guidelines
- Understanding of electrical and hydraulic systems
- Ability to read drawings, plans and blueprints
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to communicate and report effectively
- Aptitude in math
- Problem-solving abilities
- Good physical condition and stamina
- High school diploma or diploma in a skilled trade (electrician, carpenter etc.)
Frequently asked questions
What does a Construction Foreman do?
The Construction Foreman is responsible for overseeing daily operations at a worksite to ensure the completion of projects in an efficient manner. Their duties include hiring construction workers and trade professionals, monitoring budgeting expenses, as well as reviewing laws by regulating safety on-site while maintaining it throughout all stages.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Construction Foreman?
A Construction Foreman supervises and troubleshoots routine issues that occur on the job site. In addition to ensuring safety rules are followed at all times, they develop work schedules based upon the availability of employees or contractors and weather conditions. They spend time sourcing supplies needed for repairs and delivering materials within time limits, so they don't run out before completing a project.
What makes a good Construction Foreman?
Construction projects are tough, time-consuming jobs that require attention to detail and precision. A successful Construction Foreman will constantly plan for their crew's success by providing them with clear instructions on what they need at every step of the process as well as ample training so everyone can do his or her part properly.
Who does a Construction Foreman work with?
A Construction Foreman connects with the workers on the construction sites daily, as well as suppliers, so they can get the correct materials they need. They report to the Construction Project Manager, who works with the engineers and architects to pan out the construction project.
Hiring Construction Foreman job description
Post this Construction Foreman job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.