This Process Engineer job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and is easy to customize for your company.
Process Engineer Responsibilities
- Developing, configuring and optimizing industrial processes from inception through to start up and certification
- Assessing processes, taking measurements and interpreting data
- Designing, running, testing and upgrading systems and processes
We are looking for an experienced Process Engineer to be responsible for the process design, operation and implementation. The successful candidate will be able to improve industrial processes in order to maintain efficiency, reduce cost, improve sustainability and maximize profitability.
- Develop, configure and optimize industrial processes from inception through to start up and certification
- Assess processes, take measurements and interpret data
- Design, run, test and upgrade systems and processes
- Develop best practices, routines and innovative solutions to improve production rates and quality of output
- Perform process simulations
- Manage cost and time constraints
- Perform risk assessments
- Provide process documentation and operating instructions
- Proven work experience in process engineering
- Excellent technical skills
- Knowledge of process related standards
- Experience in process simulations
- Working knowledge of process engineering software packages
- CAD or AutoCad skills
- Familiarity with health and safety regulations
- Analytical thinker with interpersonal skills
- BS degree in Engineering
- Source and recruit Process Engineers with Workable’s Boolean search cheat sheets.